2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have me totally confused. I never have a problem with the phone, and everything syncs OTA with Gmail which Syncs with Outlook...

No.

A phone icon/dock is standard on Sense, and Motoblur. None of which have to do with 2.1.
Every Android phone I have seen has placed a phone icon/dock on the phone except for the Droid. It's an incredible oversight and totally absurd that out of the box you need to screw around to just get back to your phone call. Pull down alerts menu, choose icon, etc... hello! It's a phone!

The other oversight is complete inability to use Outlook. I haven't been able to get CompanionLink to work and, with all respect to them, this is something Moto should have offered out of the box (even if it paid them to subsidize) as every smartphone and PDA has done since the 90s.

No.

A phone icon/dock is standard on Sense, and Motoblur. None of which have to do with 2.1.
Every Android phone I have seen has placed a phone icon/dock on the phone except for the Droid. It's an incredible oversight and totally absurd that out of the box you need to screw around to just get back to your phone call. Pull down alerts menu, choose icon, etc... hello! It's a phone!

The other oversight is complete inability to use Outlook. I haven't been able to get CompanionLink to work and, with all respect to them, this is something Moto should have offered out of the box (even if it paid them to subsidize) as every smartphone and PDA has done since the 90s.

Sounds like you didn't do your homework before getting the Droid. You got a google experience phone, not some modified form of Android, which is obviously all that you've been exposed to.

As for no Outlook integration, well, like I said, you didn't do your homework.

Yet, at the same time, I work smart, not hard. I install Google sync on my machines and let them update OTA. I don't need a copy of emails in both places. If I do, then I set Outlook up accordingly.

*shrug*

You have me totally confused. I never have a problem with the phone, and everything syncs OTA with Gmail which Syncs with Outlook...

No.

I could be wrong, but I think he means the stock e-mail app sucks. I integrate with exhange, and there are quite a few problems, BBs and the iphone have. That would be awesome for it to be better integrated.

Along with a few other "bug" fixes. But who knows. I finally did the thing we can't talk about tonight, it is nicer, but I still want the stock 2.1.

I thought everyone used K-9 for email by now...

I could be wrong, but I think he means the stock e-mail app sucks. I integrate with exhange, and there are quite a few problems, BBs and the iphone have. That would be awesome for it to be better integrated.

Along with a few other "bug" fixes. But who knows. I finally did the thing we can't talk about tonight, it is nicer, but I still want the stock 2.1.

No.

Exactly... I had anticipated getting the Droid a few months before I actually did and set up Google Calender, Contacts and G-mail sync with Outlook... from the time my Droid was activated all my info was synced OTA before I even walked away from the Verizon store with my phone.

with the milestone getting 2.1...i honestly think we'll see this update within a week or 2. Seriously...how much difference is the Milestone from the Droid? It's not like Moto is dragging their feet, there has to be a legit issue they encountered along the way.

Another Monday, and another week of waiting for some news. Perhaps this will be the week we learn something.....

Given the recent Engadget article on the Verizon launch of the Nexus One, that seems like a more tangible conspiracy theory for the delay of the Droid's 2.1 update (versus CK's -Devour-based argument).

It makes sense VZW would want to delay us so that the N1 has "exclusive" 2.1 access at launch... otherwise people will opt for the cheaper Droids.

Given the recent Engadget article on the Verizon launch of the Nexus One, that seems like a more tangible conspiracy theory for the delay of the Droid's 2.1 update (versus CK's -Devour-based argument).

It makes sense VZW would want to delay us so that the N1 has "exclusive" 2.1 access at launch... otherwise people will opt for the cheaper Droids.

I disagree, most dont have a clue about the update they just buy the latest cool phone.

I agree, we may think we are a large community, but in reality, we are a very small portion of the Droid userbase. Verizon is just doing what they do best, sucking at everything except coverage.

patents, lawsuits and android ....
time to ready some popcorn and watch the fight unfold .... he he
i'll put all my chips in for android on this one ....

.....I can't stand verizon. But its my only choice for getting signal in my town, and places where I go.

Damn dude, you must live out in the sticks! ;)

One of my fellow employees lives about 2.5 hours west of Chicago, in the farmlands of central/northern IL and he only gets a Sprint signal where he lives. In the past, he has seriously considered wiring up a cellular repeater antenna at the end of his lot on a huge pole to help boost his signal! :icon_eek::icon_ goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back