Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumped from pg 200:

Hey Guys.

I am a dumb Droid owner (as opposed to all of you programmer types). I have a rooted droid that I did to get Barnacle. All else is stock as I have no idea how to do any of this stuff.

Could someone walk me through the process like I'm a child? Or point me to those instructions?

Thanks much.

Big D,

Try using this. If you get stuck along the way holler at the rescue squad they will help you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/49620-froyo-installation-guide-thread.html

My battery life has been HORRIBLE. Just watched it go from 40% to 20% in a matter of mins without even really doing anything. I wiped data and everything only have the 800 kernal. Should i reinstall it clean again? I actually did it all from my phone. Any suggestions?

Hopefully someone here can help me out. I'm running this 2.2 build with the 1100mhz kernel on my droid. I'm trying to wifi tether, but I only see "tethering" under my wireless and network settings, nothing about "hotspot" etc. Under the tethering menu, I only see an option for USB. Has anyone had or know how to fix (if possible) this issue? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

your only option is to download wireless tether from market

My battery life has been great with this update.

running 2.2 Froyo @ 1.1ghz from P3Droid with Clean Black theme

only issue I have noticed with 2.2 on my Droid is that the News application continuously FC. Anyone else notice or know of a way to fix? Normally I would try Fix Permissions, but it doesn't work in Rom Manager anymore

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a complete moron, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

I rooted and installed Bugless Beast using the "Complete how to mod you phone" guide.

So am I right that in order to install Froyo, I just download those two files, restart in recovery and run them in nandroid? Or do I just run one of them?

And is that all I need to do? I'm not a moron, I promise. Just paranoid of doing something wrong.

yep, put froyo nandroid folder in nandroid, rename any of P3Droid froyo kernals to update.zip if your using SP recovery. Install froyo first then the kernals files.

only issue I have noticed with 2.2 on my Droid is that the News application continuously FC. Anyone else notice or know of a way to fix? Normally I would try Fix Permissions, but it doesn't work in Rom Manager anymore

that doesn't happen to me, try reinstalling froyo again

help

can anyone help me? I need a walkthru of how to do everything. Im a newb and only had my droid for a week. please help want froyo!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back