Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a, well not a problem, but something happened that i've never seen before lol

it looked similar to "car home" but it wasnt car home lol, it was a giant number clock thingy, with a brightness button... it looked really similar to car home... and im trying to get to it again and i cant figure out how the heck i did that!!

hhmm the only thing i can think of is you clicked on clock in the app drawer.

Okay, update. I got it to work, I redownloaded the SPRecovery_ESE82.sbf

but now all it keeps telling me is failed flashing process.....
Did you download the Drivers and everything?

reinstalled (hit "repair" option on install) the drivers...still same error. "failed flashing process 0x7100 phone connected"

you have to be running in administrator mode on the computer, if you have an administrative password other than a normal password you will need to log on as the administrator

i had a, well not a problem, but something happened that i've never seen before lol

it looked similar to "car home" but it wasnt car home lol, it was a giant number clock thingy, with a brightness button... it looked really similar to car home... and im trying to get to it again and i cant figure out how the heck i did that!!

its the clock app.... also known as the multimedia station... if you were to get the multimedia dock everytime you place hte phone into the dock it goes to it, i love it. its a great alarm clock device with that dock :)

lol thanks dude

i was flicking up and down through the app drawer cus i like playing with it then all of the sudden it popped up lol i've never used the app before... obviously

I can't find a lot of things, and I have searched this and the other epic threads till I'm dizzy. I even Googled and I found this: Froyo Overclocked Kernels includes *wifi* fix . Anyone know about these?
Anyway, could someone point me to where the most current and trusted info starts, just the post numbers and pages if you don't feel like going over it all again. Thanks.

Page one has all the links you need. They have put all the updates there I believe

Did you download the Drivers and everything?

reinstalled (hit "repair" option on install) the drivers...still same error. "failed flashing process 0x7100 phone connected"

you have to be running in administrator mode on the computer, if you have an administrative password other than a normal password you will need to log on as the administrator

Interesting, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip

got my phone turned back on...i was sh*tting my pants there for a sec I don't know what happened.

thanks again for your help I appreciate it.

Interesting, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the tip

got my phone turned back on...i was sh*tting my pants there for a sec I don't know what happened.

thanks again for your help I appreciate it.

Your welcome, I hope it helps. I had problems too until I was pushed in that direction...Good luck

I can't find a lot of things, and I have searched this and the other epic threads till I'm dizzy. I even Googled and I found this: Froyo Overclocked Kernels includes *wifi* fix . Anyone know about these?
Anyway, could someone point me to where the most current and trusted info starts, just the post numbers and pages if you don't feel like going over it all again. Thanks.

OP of this thread.

I've installed Froyo three times using a full wipe of my phone. Each time, it worked great for about 30-60 minutes, then started reboot cycling constantly, and I had to SPRecover to get it to stop. Anyone else experience this or have suggestions?

This is me bumping my own post because nobody's had anything to help and I don't want to start a new thread on it. Can someone help? You can PM me, or IM me on aim...

Here's what I've done:

I had Smoked Glass v6, copied froyo into my nandroid backup folder

In SPRecover, I 'restored' the froyo backup as it said to

This didn't work at all, so I factory wipe/reset everything, then restored the froyo backup (did this about 3 times)

Every time it'd work great (minus the lag as it downloaded all 238912 apps I had), then would do a continuous load/reboot/load/reboot.

I had the overclock to 1.25 GHz kernel installed. I also tried installing the "Clean Black" theme that's on the first page of this thread, and thought that might be the problem, but after wiping it, the problem remains.

I will love you forever and have my wife bake you cookies if you can help me get this figured out. :)

I've installed Froyo three times using a full wipe of my phone. Each time, it worked great for about 30-60 minutes, then started reboot cycling constantly, and I had to SPRecover to get it to stop. Anyone else experience this or have suggestions?

This is me bumping my own post because nobody's had anything to help and I don't want to start a new thread on it. Can someone help? You can PM me, or IM me on aim...

Here's what I've done:

This didn't work at all, so I factory wipe/reset everything, then restored the froyo backup (did this about 3 times)

Every time it'd work great (minus the lag as it downloaded all 238912 apps I had), then would do a continuous load/reboot/load/reboot.

I had the overclock to 1.25 GHz kernel installed. I also tried installing the "Clean Black" theme that's on the first page of this thread, and thought that might be the problem, but after wiping it, the problem remains.

I will love you forever and have my wife bake you cookies if you can help me get this figured out. :)

Have you tried just installing the original 2.2 file and see if you can make that run? Perhaps something is corrupt in the file you are trying to reinstall. I would wipe 2 or 3 times, not sure why, but seems the more you wipe the better it is.

have you tried to NOT install the overclock kernels with froyo ?? sounds to me like one of your apps or your overclock might be causing your problems... i had one that gave me grief for a while until i uninstalled it completely and my phones as stable as ever. i wish i remember the name incase you had it as well but unfortunately i do not.

Here's what I've done:

have you tried to NOT install the overclock kernels with froyo ?? sounds to me like one of your apps or your overclock might be causing your problems... i had one that gave me grief for a while until i uninstalled it completely and my phones as stable as ever. i wish i remember the name incase you had it as well but unfortunately i do not.

I'm using SetCPU. Are you saying you don't overclock your phone anymore? That's half the fun of rooting! :p

Here's what I've done:

Have you tried just installing the original 2.2 file and see if you can make that run? Perhaps something is corrupt in the file you are trying to reinstall. I would wipe 2 or 3 times, not sure why, but seems the more you wipe the better it is.

What do you mean by the 'original' 2.2 file? Are you saying I should un-root, then root? I'm going to wipe it a few times and then see if it'll take...

Here's what I've done:

What do you mean by the 'original' 2.2 file? Are you saying I should un-root, then root? I'm going to wipe it a few times and then see if it'll take...

No, just go to page one and redo the 2.2 update, just like you did Saturday or whenever you first loaded froyo.

Try and reformat your memory card. But before you do it take all of the sensitive stuff off. Game saved data, music, pics and applications. Once those are off to computer, format using Droid. Try that and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back