Is the Rezound a major step coming from a TB???

Personally I don't think I would upgrade from the TBolt to the Rezound. I'd rather flash a sense 3.5 ROM and save some $. The devs have done a great job with TBolt ROM's and IMO they saved this device. The TBolt was my first and more then likely last HTC device. While I really enjoyed sense at first, I find myself missing the pure android experience I had on my D1. There are many aspects of sense I think are great, but I feel that it is not worth the added "weight". Sense ROM's are just huge!

Sent from my TBolt ... For a limited time only

I brought the Rezound for my wife. She had the Inc2. She loves the phone, but she is easily pleased. I really like the screen on this phone. I am not thrilled with sense 3.5 because I have been running custom roms on my Tbolt. I am going to save my upgrade for something else. Maybe the D4 or Gnex or something later in 2012. I put the Rezound battery in my Tbolt and now I do not need the larger extended battery for my phone because I can make it through the work day easily.

If you like HTC then you will love this phone it is better than the Tbolt and you get beats head phones and the inductive charge battery door. That is the best value for $299.

Personally I don't think I would upgrade from the TBolt to the Rezound. I'd rather flash a sense 3.5 ROM and save some $. The devs have done a great job with TBolt ROM's and IMO they saved this device. The TBolt was my first and more then likely last HTC device. While I really enjoyed sense at first, I find myself missing the pure android experience I had on my D1. There are many aspects of sense I think are great, but I feel that it is not worth the added "weight". Sense ROM's are just huge!

Sense 3.1 is not the only thing that this phone comes with.

The dual core CPU, the extra storage space, that gorgeous screen...

Putting a new ROM on the TBolt won't even come close at any price!

Sense 3.1 is not the only thing that this phone comes with.

The dual core CPU, the extra storage space, that gorgeous screen...

Putting a new ROM on the TBolt won't even come close at any price!

I understand that, but I lost my loving feeling of HTC with my TBolt experience. And, like I said, for me personally I think I prefer stock Android. While I do admit Sense is sexy as hell, I grew tired of it.

Last edited:
You formed an opinion on this phone without owning it, just by playing with it in the store? Have I got that right? How many hours have you actually used the Rezound?

Well, we agree on at least one thing.

I guess you overlooked the part about not playing with the store display....sigh

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

I guess you overlooked the part about not playing with the store display....sigh

I didn't overlook it. You didn't answer my question. How many hours have you spent with the Rezound? Or is it on the order of minutes?

It must take a while to detect that lag that for some reason you and only a select few can notice...

I didn't overlook it. You didn't answer my question. How many hours have you spent with the Rezound? Or is it on the order of minutes?

It must take a while to detect that lag that for some reason you and only a select few can notice...

Actually it doesn't take hours to notice lag. And its actually not "a select few" lol. At this point you are just talking to hear yourself talk.

In fact let me do us both a favor so I don't have to read your endless replies defending your phone....the rezound is awesome...its the fastest ...best phone out....it has no lag at all....HTC is so innovative and the new software is awesome....they make the best kernels and none of their phones have ever had data issues or reboot problems. The carousel animation is the best thing ever. ...the dual core makes it soooo much faster...with quadrant of at least 2400 out of the box....the beats headphones are awesome and Dr Dre is amazing. ...battery life blows all other phones away.

Happy now? I'm a fanboi too!

Last edited:
Actually it doesn't take hours to notice lag. At this point you are just talking to hear yourself talk

No, I was hoping for an answer.

You made a big deal of the lag in the Rezound, then you made a big deal of only pronouncing judgement on a phone after testing it for yourself, as you put it not relying on opinion but instead on experience.

But now you refuse to say how much time you actually spent evaluating the Rezound.

Why is that?

How much time did you spend with the Rezound?

Keep it cool guys - it's Thanksgiving after all!

The lag is not a "vapor" issue, it exists. I can replicate it on mine, and I'll try and get a video of it tonight. It's nothing horrible, but at times noticeable - I'm 90% sure it's an issue with memory mgmt.

No, I was hoping for an answer.

You made a big deal of the lag in the Rezound, then you made a big deal of only pronouncing judgement on a phone after testing it for yourself, as you put it not relying on opinion but instead on experience.

But now you refuse to say how much time you actually spent evaluating the Rezound.

Why is that?

How much time did you spend with the Rezound?

What are you not understanding? Have you ever decompiled an app.

I played with it enough. What makes you think that hours spent on the phone make an opinion any more credible. You do realize that most of these public reviews people watch from droidlife or Joe schmoe. Com are with minimal use of the phone right?

HTC has done nothing innovative with any of their phones. I've used sense 3.5...I've used plenty if roms sense including stock. And its my personal preference and experience it is laggy and I don't like it...period. what are you trying to accomplish by contuing to post? You think somehow that the amount of time I spent with the phone isn't enough to form an opinion.

Seriously? I've ridden motorcycle and raced them for a few years. I ride a 750 gixxer....by your logic I would be in no position to pass judgement on a new Cbr 1000 because I haven't spent a lot of hours in the seat of one? I can take my buddy's bike 2 laps around a track and point out the differences. Your logic is flawed and elementary at best

Last edited:

The lag is not a "vapor" issue, it exists. I can replicate it on mine, and I'll try and get a video of it tonight. It's nothing horrible, but at times noticeable - I'm 90% sure it's an issue with memory mgmt.

Thank you I look forward to it! Happy Thanksgiving!

With all due respect, once I see the video I'll reevaluate my position, but until then it is most certainly a vapor issue.

What are you not understanding? Have you ever decompiled an app.

I played with it enough. What makes you think that hours spent on the phone make an opinion any more credible. You do realize that most of these public reviews people watch from droidlife or Joe schmoe. Com are with minimal use of the phone right?

HTC has done nothing innovative with any of their phones. I've used sense 3.5...I've used plenty if roms sense including stock. And its my personal preference and experience it is laggy and I don't like it...period. what are you trying to accomplish by contuing to post? You think somehow that the amount of time I spent with the phone isn't enough to form an opinion.

Seriously? I've ridden motorcycle and raced them for a few years. I ride a 750 gixxer....by your logic I would be in no position to pass judgement on a new Cbr 1000 because I haven't spent a lot of hours in the seat of one? Your logic is flawed and elementary at best

I am not failing to understand anything. And what could me de-compiling an app possibly have to do with it? And no, I've never de-compiled an app. But neither am I a noob, I've been a Linux enthusiast for years, a computer enthusiast for longer than that.

I've have spent hours using the Rezound in IRL, and I have never seen any lag. Not even a little.

You claim to have seen this lag. But you haven't bought the phone, have no intention of buying the phone, refuse to say how much time you've spent evaluating the phone, and the vast majority of the comments you've made about the phone have been disparaging.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Im a cell phone junkie as most here are. I have several lines so I am always trying to put the next new best thing on em. I have or have had most all of em. I just wish I didn't have to pay the bill. Lol. I'm a big moto fan, so I'm not being biased by saying the Rezound is the best running android phone out of the box that I have or had hands down. One thing I have noticed that I haven't on my other phones, is each day that I have had mine since the 14th it seems to be settling in more and operating smoother etc. With that said lag or not no need to argue about it, enjoy it. Remember what we were using a year ago or two years ago? Besides I have been hearing about a lot of lag and chopiness with the vanilla Gnex. They say best not use the live walls with the GNex. Lol.

Lets eat some TURKEY!

Back