Is the Rezound a major step coming from a TB???

I have also noticed some lag on my Rezound but nothing significant to complain about. When I noticed it, I checked task manager and there were quite a few apps running that were taking up a significant amount of memory. I cleared them and it mostly went away. Even with this, the Rezound is the best phone I have ever owned hands down. Sure beats a crapple :)

Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to try and video... but honestly it's been harder to recreate than I thought. Like Nehtor said, it's not a game changer. I also think that maybe there is something weird going on with the animations on the phone - it's almost like the FPS isn't up to par at times... not slowed down, just kinda "stuttery" (nice word, I know...). Makes it feel laggier at times than it is...

Sorry I haven't had much of a chance to try and video... but honestly it's been harder to recreate than I thought. Like Nehtor said, it's not a game changer. I also think that maybe there is something weird going on with the animations on the phone - it's almost like the FPS isn't up to par at times... not slowed down, just kinda "stuttery" (nice word, I know...). Makes it feel laggier at times than it is...

That kind of thing will happen on ANYTHING. My bionic does it sometimes, my laptop does it, heck even my 3.4GHZ quad core with 6GB of ram at work stutters on occasion, granted, I have to be very very very busy to make it happen, but it still can happen. As others have said... remember your D1, DX, D2 or other equiv device? LAG??? Screen Redraws?! .. what were we arguing about again? LMAO. There will be debates about who can make the EDGE stutter when it comes out too, guarantee it :)

That kind of thing will happen on ANYTHING. My bionic does it sometimes, my laptop does it, heck even my 3.4GHZ quad core with 6GB of ram at work stutters on occasion, granted, I have to be very very very busy to make it happen, but it still can happen. As others have said... remember your D1, DX, D2 or other equiv device? LAG??? Screen Redraws?! .. what were we arguing about again? LMAO. There will be debates about who can make the EDGE stutter when it comes out too, guarantee it :)

You are 200% right. It just feels like the animations themselves are designed a little off, it's weird and hard to explain, but I think it's giving the false impression of lag. Maybe it's the animations moving across the hd screen, I don't really know.

Again it's NOT a big deal and the phone runs great. I've thought about temp-rooting to try changing the system animations using jrummy's Anim Mod app, but haven't messed with it yet.

Keep in mind that changes framework animations. I believe the ones that are slow are not the android framework but rather htcresources.apk (which is like almost 20mb apk iirc from theming it) and Rosie. Animod doesn't touch those.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Keep in mind that changes framework animations. I believe the ones that are slow are not the android framework but rather htcresources.apk (which is like almost 20mb apk iirc from theming it) and Rosie. Animod doesn't touch those.

ah - thank you for clarifying that, good to know!

Thanks for reminding me about Animod. I had bought it a while back but haven't used it for a long time. Just did blur animation as its subtle yet something different. Not wanting stuff flying around on my screen its a bit much for me

Thanks for reminding me about Animod. I had bought it a while back but haven't used it for a long time. Just did blur animation as its subtle yet something different. Not wanting stuff flying around on my screen its a bit much for me

Yeah some days I like that some days I don't. I like the flip animation, but on some items it looks a little... off. What exactly does blur do? That little, subtle bounce thing?

Yeah some days I like that some days I don't. I like the flip animation, but on some items it looks a little... off. What exactly does blur do? That little, subtle bounce thing?

Blur is a alpha transparency fade in with a small bounce. It fades out too....instead of just appearing and disappearing.

Only the menu background bounces to my observation. Its not as pronounced as the bounce animation.

Blur is a alpha transparency fade in with a small bounce. It fades out too....instead of just appearing and disappearing.

Only the menu background bounces to my observation. Its not as pronounced as the bounce animation.

ah, cool...

Ok, so if someone wants to try this, b/c I can't video it right now...

Using GO Launcher EX, mess with the various transition animations for opening/closing the app drawer. Those consistently lag like crazy for me on the Rezound, and not on the Bionic.

Back