New baseband too??

I lost 3g a couple of hours ago. It's gone. I can use my wifi but that's it. Anyone else with this problem and new froyo baseband update????

i'll be curious to hear how this pans out as well

though it's likely due to the fact that you have fabio in your profile pic :icon_eek:

Installed the new baseband, worked without a hitch. Got 5 bars now vs 3! Have not really tested out the battery life. One problem that I noticed is that I lost flash, and when I try to install it, it will not come back. It says it installed without errors, but no go when I try to browse to a flash site. I am assuming that is fix that P3 will take care of.

I just cheked on my phone, I didnt lose Flash. Thats strange. And I dont have to go all the way by the window in the hallway at my job to get 3G now :biggrin:

Still stuck at 1x at my desk...but it should be better there too. For me, baseband FTW.

just installed, *22899 worked beautifully. cant tell if signal is better yet (4 bars at my house)

but im curious, how are people getting 5 bars? mine maxes out at 4

just installed, *22899 worked beautifully. cant tell if signal is better yet (4 bars at my house)

but im curious, how are people getting 5 bars? mine maxes out at 4

LOL same, only max of 4...never noticed that, but I'm assuming different themes/frameworks may have 5 bars.

updated mine as well.... dont see any diff yet, still changes between 1 to 2 @ my place

dunno if it has anything to do with the update.... but this morning setcpu icon is the default android app icon and the phone will no longer charge when on. coincidence?

why does it say this update is only for 2.2 users? When in fact 2.1 rom users are installing the new baseband and not having any issues. So apparently it works for both 2.1 and 2.2 roms???

I updated this last night. Went pretty smoothly, no weird problems. No difference in reception. Slightly faster upload speeds. Have checked out voice quality yet.

It seems to me that I'm getting better call quality and signal strength with the new baseband - 4 bars consistently at my house, where our reception is typically questionable (normally only 1-2 bars).

Just updated the baseband on my phone running UD10 (2.1 rom) and so far everything is fine. No change in sig strength but i'm sitting at my desk at work where my signal is already pretty good.

I am using it, and it works great. I don't notice any difference (though last night I had a placebo effect) but it works great, and it is nice to have the froyo radio with the froyo yo.

Ok forgive me here....Im not that wise on the speed stuff. I just did 4 tests and 2 with wifi and 2 with 3g both were drastically different. I need your opinions.

WiFi results: Test 1: 300 Kbps down/ 789 Kbps UP

Test 2 : 1269 Kbps Down/ 544 Kbps Up

3G results Test 1: 528 Kbps Down/ 740 Up

Test 2: 771 Kbps Down/ 698 down

Also with Wireless I had a standard one bar maybe two if i was in a decent spot. When changed to 3G It went to 3 or 4 bars for about 15 minutes now back to one bar.

My nearest tower is almost 70 miles away.

Back