New ICS leak 6.7.235

First off let me say thank you to everyone with all the questions that the community has been able to answer with out me even having to ask. I do know I posted a few that were already asked but it was mostly due to the fact I did not understand the answers after them being broken up over the coarse of a whole thread but the answers I go were quick and what I needed.

Now to another question I have not seen posed. Everyone talks about how the Lapdock works, I have the straight HDMI cable from the Droid X2, which was a nice functon but always looked like crap whenever I plugged it in. I have yet to try it on the Bionic on .232 or even .235 due to not having them currently installed, and I did forget to test it when I did.

Has anyone tried it on theirs to see how it works?

Spoke to cyan 9 dev in person. He eludes to word that bionic "may not" get ics?
Idk

I'd like to know his source for that. It would seem odd that 5 different ICS leaks that are specifically for the Bionic come out and then they just threw up their hands and said "Ah forget it, I give up!"

Idk

What I've heard is that it's delayed because it doesn't install properly on some phones. The RAZR had similar issues and it caused a lot of problems. Take this as rumor cause I have no idea if it's true or not. Apparently they're trying to find and solve the issue before rolling it out.

Rahloc said:
First off let me say thank you to everyone with all the questions that the community has been able to answer with out me even having to ask. I do know I posted a few that were already asked but it was mostly due to the fact I did not understand the answers after them being broken up over the coarse of a whole thread but the answers I go were quick and what I needed.

Now to another question I have not seen posed. Everyone talks about how the Lapdock works, I have the straight HDMI cable from the Droid X2, which was a nice functon but always looked like crap whenever I plugged it in. I have yet to try it on the Bionic on .232 or even .235 due to not having them currently installed, and I did forget to test it when I did.

This is a good question. Is a hack going to be required for ICS like it was for GB to be able to utilize webtop with just an HDMI cable? The nature of ICS, being that it transforms into the webtop instead of running another UI in parallel might mean that it doesn't.

I may already know, but not for certain. The Lapdock acts as a regular dock when it is not open. It asks for different dock modes such as Clock and Office and such. It had Webtop in the list as well. Is it possible that this is not just because it is plugged into a closed lapdock instead of a regular dock? And if so, does this also suggest that it will work in webtop mode with an HDMI cable?

Droid Bionic ICED 232

aaf709 said:
I'd like to know his source for that. It would seem odd that 5 different ICS leaks that are specifically for the Bionic come out and then they just threw up their hands and said "Ah forget it, I give up!"

Yeah that makes no sense at all. They spent all that time and money developing it and they just scrap it? I don't think so.

virgil71468 said:
Idk

Don't believe everything that you hear. He's a clever guy, but he's wrong on this one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Don't believe everything that you hear. He's a clever guy, but he's wrong on this one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I prefer to believe it's a misunderstanding and nothing more.

Rahloc said:

Works better. Hdmi cord will allow everything to be displayed. Only gripe is that sometimes it doesn't fill the screen properly

True, it might be that the Bionic "may not get ICS" for a bit.

You know how rumors go. Someone hears something, it gets misheard by the next guy, etc. We'll wait and see if that's the case here.

It could just be a sign that 235 isn't ready. I suspect we'll see another build before OTA.

Back