New ICS leak 6.7.235

I thought moto stopped doing soaks. Isn't that the point of the leaks?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TOMMYBOT said:
I thought moto stopped doing soaks. Isn't that the point of the leaks?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The leaks have absolutely nothing to do with the testing.

We aren't obtaining these leaks officially.

altspeed said:
That's my thought too. 904/905 never got an official soak did it? They can get more and better feedback by just leaking it and lurking here and at the hive.

Al three updates for the bionic had an official soak test prior to going ota. Some were just longer than others.

The leaks have nothing to do with soak tests. At all. Nothing.

SamuriHL said:
The leaks have nothing to do with soak tests. At all. Nothing.

Right. Part of the soak test is the OTA download.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Right. Part of the soak test is the OTA download.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Right. The idea of a SOAK test is that you test the OTA download off the servers to see if there's any issues before widely releasing it. At this point they've accepted the release for OTA, but, are mostly testing the upgrade procedure and to see if any of the wider population has issues that weren't found in testing.

Right. The idea of a SOAK test is that you test the OTA download off the servers to see if there's any issues before widely releasing it. At this point they've accepted the release for OTA, but, are mostly testing the upgrade procedure and to see if any of the wider population has issues that weren't found in testing.

So .235 IS going to be the OTA? Is there a soak in progress?

How do you get your name in to be a soak test player? I figure i am too late for 235 our whatever the official OTA is going to be, but I would like to get in the running for future tests.

It is likely/possible that 235 will be the ota, but currently there is no soak in progress. To sign up to be a soak tester just register for the motorola feedback network on their website.

So .235 IS going to be the OTA? Is there a soak in progress?

Um how did you extrapolate that from what I wrote? :icon_eek: No one but moto and vzw at this point know what the OTA build is going to be. There is not a soak test in progress. I can almost guarantee once we get closer there will be.

SamuriHL said:
Um how did you extrapolate that from what I wrote? :icon_eek: No one but moto and vzw at this point know what the OTA build is going to be. There is not a soak test in progress. I can almost guarantee once we get closer there will be.

God i wish the time would come already.

When you wrote, "at this point they've accepted the release for OTA" I misinterpreted that the first time I read it. I guess I'm overanxious to get this issue settled. Chalk that one up to my Blonde moment for today.... :redface:

Back