New ICS leak 6.7.235

Not that I know of. Maybe that Droid RAZR HD will. Who knows...

One can only hope on JB... I mean the Xoom Wifi just got Jelly Bean and that thing has been around 6 months longer than the Bionic. So you never know I guess.

Remember xoom wifi and xoom 4g are the same device but one will always get an update sooner since there is no network behind it. Plus the droid xyboards have yet to be updated. And those tabs are nice

The following is a speed test on 4g on my bionic unrooted on the .235 leak. Bear in mind i am 170 miles away from the server i connected to in jacksonville florida.
ip addresses are omited.
Search the market for "speedtest."

Test Date: Jul 27, 2012 10:08:17 pm
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Jacksonville, FL
Download: 23227 kbps
Upload: 16916 kbps
Ping: 82 ms

External IP:
Internal IP:
Latitude
Longitude

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Impressive speeds. Im in ny and we are beyond saturated. I can barely break 6 mbps download 2 on the upload. Unless im being throttled. I did use about 8 gigs so far. Month isn't up until the 12th next month. Does that throttle script work to stop vzw from slowing me down?

master0fursinz said:
Impressive speeds. Im in ny and we are beyond saturated. I can barely break 6 mbps download 2 on the upload. Unless im being throttled. I did use about 8 gigs so far. Month isn't up until the 12th next month. Does that throttle script work to stop vzw from slowing me down?

I used almost 150gb (edit 103gb) last month on cable. I pay twice as much, or a little more, but something ain't right with Verizon's pricing. (Netflix, i guess, kids shows in morning teenager in afternoon, me in evening).

Anyway, I don't think your 8GB should (or does) cause throttling.

_____
... 6.7.232

Last edited:
marleyinoc said:
I used almost 150gb (edit 103gb) last month on cable. I pay twice as much, or a little more, but something ain't right with Verizon's pricing. (Netflix, i guess, kids shows in morning teenager in afternoon, me in evening).

Anyway, I don't think your 8GB should (or does) cause throttling.

_____
... 6.7.232

Im talking just wireless. If it was home internet forget it my kids are playing online almost all day I'm sure they are well over 100gb

master0fursinz said:
Im talking just wireless. If it was home internet forget it my kids are playing online almost all day I'm sure they are well over 100gb

Yeah, but is that on your Verizon data or on cable/whatnot? I use about 5GB cumulative on Verizon 4G (and that's using wifi when at home and usually at work).

My thought was that 8GB wasn't that much if cumulative on your plan. If you tether and hit 100 then... Yeah. Maybe they're throttling. Still nit cool to me that they'd like to reduce that to 2 or 4GB

_____
... 6.7.232

Never thought I'd see it, but I just got a surprise with 4g coverage showing up on my phone last night, so I'm gonna start loving my unlimited oh so much more

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Same thing with me last night. 4g in little thomasville georgia. I'll pay full price for a phone at upgrade time (mine and wifes) ain't givin' up unlimited data, not now. Lol

Back