New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

My understanding is that they should send an email to the email address associated with the account when it ships. You can also always call and ask about the status.

Thanks. I might call verizon tomorrow night if it doesn't show. The crappy thing is I work graveyard shift and I sleep till about 3 in the afternoon so if the come in the day I might not hear them.

I hear ya. I work all day so I'm leaving a note on the door asking them to leave the package. When I called *611 this morning the first thing that came on told me I had an outstanding order and was I calling to activate the phone. I did not get that when I called yesterday. So I wonder if that means it has shipped? Still can't get any info when online through the order status page.

I also had ordered mine on the 31st, been given (at times) a ship date of the 18th, and received it on the 4th.. I DID order some accessories with my phone at the same time, and talked to a friend of mine who got his early, he did the same thing... I'm starting to wonder if that makes the difference why some of us are getting them early and some not?!.. maybe because of some sort of factory "sorting" method devices with multiple items move to the front of the line... I DO have a high value account with VZW b/c of my lines/plans/corporate discount, but I don't think this would make a difference on how fast I receive my phones...

let's start putting the pieces together, anyone else who received their phones early order accessories or multiple phones? or do you know if you account is considered a high value account? or is this all just random luck...

My understanding is that they should send an email to the email address associated with the account when it ships. You can also always call and ask about the status.

Yep.. you'll get an email a few days before it arrives.. they use fedex 2day in my area..

I ordered mine in the store on the 28th and wasn't given the option of having it shipped to my house, which was weird, but i thought nothing of it. I live 2 minutes away from the store and would just stop on the way home from work, no big deal. I was told they'd call me when it was there, and I'd get a text with the shipping #. Never heard of the 2nd part, but once again, thought nothing of it.

Once I started seeing folks on here getting theirs fairly early, I decided to call 611 yesterday. They told me it had been delivered earlier that day, so I went in to get it. Never got a phone call, never got a text.

Long story short and an hour and a half later, they "couldn't find it" and "it'll be here first thing in the morning tomorrrow (today now)." Fairly positive they gave my phone away, or lost it.

Called 611 again this morning and got the exact time it was delivered and the name of the person who signed for it. The stores in our area are infamous for being like this, oh well, better have it today or it won't be pretty.

let's start putting the pieces together, anyone else who received their phones early order accessories or multiple phones? or do you know if you account is considered a high value account? or is this all just random luck...

I don't know if my account is considered high value, but I do get a corporate discount through my work. I also ordered accessories, but only one phone. I do have a family plan with another phone and a netbook on the same acct.
I ordered mine on the phone Monday afternoon. Nothing shows online through order status. CS still saying 8/18 for shipping. We'll see. When I left the house this morning, I put a note on my front door asking Fed Ex to leave the package-wishful thinking on my part based on other people's reported order dates and delivery dates.

Crazy story. Went into local Verizon (retailer,not corporate) and put my name on a list. They had only gotten one in, ever. Seemed unlikely but told them I was desperate since I sold my Droid last Friday on Ebay. All the forums mentioned and Verizon tech support backed up that there would be no shipments until the 18th or 19th. After reading forums I decided it may be best to order it direct, and did so. The next day, I happen to go into the Verizon store looking for a battery for the old phone I was going to temporarily use. The salesman said, "I spent all day yesterday looking for a phone for you. I found one at the warehouse and went there and picked it up for you.They only had one." I said, "You HAVE a Droid X?" Yes. This was yesterday. And I got it and canceled the online order. I plan on dropping off a gift certificate to this kid. Wow.

Collet: Try the inquiry by entering your name in CAPS. I discovered it will not find your order even if you have the right order number without entering the Name in CAPS.

I ordered my Dx at 12am Monday morning, I still haven't heard anything about a ship date. I called *611 the CSR said that she didn't see tracking information. Just wondering when I will get my first droid phone. :)

Still nothing as of this morning... :mad: I called yesterday and the CSR said my phone was shipping yesterday. I called again this morning, and she said the records showed that everything ordered on or before 7/30 would be shipped yesterday or today, so my phone should ship today.

FWIW, I didn't order any accessories. I'm the main line on a family plan, and my account has VIP status through my corporate discount. Maybe I should have ordered accessories with it... :dry:

Crazy story. Went into local Verizon (retailer,not corporate) and put my name on a list. They had only gotten one in, ever. Seemed unlikely but told them I was desperate since I sold my Droid last Friday on Ebay. All the forums mentioned and Verizon tech support backed up that there would be no shipments until the 18th or 19th. After reading forums I decided it may be best to order it direct, and did so. The next day, I happen to go into the Verizon store looking for a battery for the old phone I was going to temporarily use. The salesman said, "I spent all day yesterday looking for a phone for you. I found one at the warehouse and went there and picked it up for you.They only had one." I said, "You HAVE a Droid X?" Yes. This was yesterday. And I got it and canceled the online order. I plan on dropping off a gift certificate to this kid. Wow.

Yes you should, but make sure its after work. You dont want anyone thinking he did something he shouldn't have. Then he is out of work and what does he have to show for it...a gift certificate.

Got a notification from lets talk this morning. They said the I have cleared the credet check and that the carrier should be shipping my item soon??? I ordered my DX on the 29th, and this is just now getting taken care of??? Not trippin though. I will get it when I get it.

Not necessarily, I got my phone without an email notification.

I'm disapointed hearing that people who ordered their phone's after me have theirs already. I was told a shipping date of 8/11. I have it sent to my job so if it gets here over the weekend I'm not going to be able to get to it till Monday...bummer :dry:

so i ordered in store 7/31 with a ship date of 8/18. i called wirefly today and they have stock on the droid x. i cancelled my order with verizon and ordered with wirefly next day fed ex. ordered less than an hour ago and as soon as my order is approved by verizon it will ship. should have fed ex tracking within a few hours. also, waived activation and all reabates were immediate so 198.99 charged to my card with overnight shipping.

Last edited:
Back