New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Just bought the phone today at about 630 pm at a Verizon Store. Hoping the guy wasnt serious when he said the 20th...

I am in Texas, and just ordered on the website Sat night, got my confirmation of order right away and the shipping confirmation late last night. Be here tomorrow Am. Didn't do anything special.
Clearly then it has to do with what distribution center your phone would ship from. My being on the East coast probably screwed me on getting it that early.

I ordered it on July 31st at night, and it says order date Aug. 1st, I haven't received a tracking # yet, it said it would be here by the 18th

I ordered mine on the 30th and it arrived via Fedex yesterday, the 3rd. The telephone sales rep told me it would be the 14th, but that was BS.

Update on my order. Checked this morning, and they moved the back order date out to 8/14.

Oh well...I get it when I get it.

Update on my online order from 7/30: Still no tracking number via email. I called *611, and they told me it was scheduled to ship today, but they haven't received any tracking info there either. He said all orders from 7/30 or earlier should be shipped out today. Hopefully this one knows what he's talking about...

When I ordered the phone, I selected 2 day shipping. They told me on the phone that since it was backordered, they would upgrade it to overnight shipping for free. On the phone today, they told me that it was still listed to ship 2 day shipping and he couldn't update it, so I'll have the phone Friday. :mad:

Last edited:
Update on my online order from 7/30: Still no tracking number via email. I called *611, and they told me it was scheduled to ship today, but they haven't received any tracking info there either. He said all orders from 7/30 or earlier should be shipped out today. Hopefully this one knows what he's talking about...

When I ordered the phone, I selected 2 day shipping. They told me on the phone that since it was backordered, they would upgrade it to overnight shipping for free. On the phone today, they told me that it was still listed to ship 2 day shipping and he couldn't update it, so I'll have the phone Friday. :mad:

Thanks to your post, I phoned 611 and asked about mine since no email has been received with shipping info. The CSR told me my X is on the truck for delivery today! Quite a nice surprise :)

not real sure how it works, but if i ordered mine in the store, is there any way i can find out when it will get there?

not real sure how it works, but if i ordered mine in the store, is there any way i can find out when it will get there?
Create an account and sign in to MyVerizon and see if it shows up there.

NB: I ordered on line and IIRC I had mine before they updated the web site.

-hank

Create an account and sign in to MyVerizon and see if it shows up there.

NB: I ordered on line and IIRC I had mine before they updated the web site.

-hank

have an account, but don't have a shipping # since i bought in the store. any ideas?

looks like it's still gonna be a long wait for me

Got mine in today around 11am that was ordered on Sat. Been doing really good so far, glad to have it back again.

So it seems that orders are being shipped significantly sooner than promised, but many aren't getting emailed ship notifications. Maybe I should just leave a note on my door every day for the Fed Ex driver to leave the package in case it my DX arrives.
I ordered mine Monday on the phone with customer service. I have an order number, but my order does not show up on My Verizon. I've called CS twice to confirm the number is correct and that the DX really was ordered. (call me neurotic, anal, or whatever; I can't deny it! :))
I'm sure I'll call again tomorrow to check on the status.

Placed my order for Droid X on Tuesday this week, sale person said it will arrive this Friday. I'm in San Jose CA.

Back