New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

so earlier i posted that i cancelled a verizon in store order for a wirelfy order. well after much stress and confusion. i placed an order today for a droid x at 1130am and it just hit fed ex overnight about 30 minutes ago. i officially have a fed ex tracking number which i can see on fedex.com and it will arrive at my house by 3pm tomorrow YAY! wirefly.com DOES have the droid x phone in stock and can ship it overnight. i dont know how where or why they have stock and verizon stores do not. they also told me a shipment is coming in with more phones tomorrow the 6th. either they are not getting the load of orders that verizon is or they are making bigger orders in anticipation of volume are all i can think. beware if you order from wirefly. they have NO customer service. it is almost an act of got to speak to a human after you place an order. they refer you to a website to check status that is confusing, contradictory and an hour or 2 delayed, or you can webchat with a customer service rep. it will drive you insane, there is almost no way to make human contact after you place an order. but in short i DID get instant overnight shipping on a HOT phone nobody has from them and i also got it with instant rebates and waived activation fees. its kind of nice knowing i dont have to send in any lame papers or barcodes.
Glad you got it sorted out. Bummer you can't get new every 2 from anyone but VZ, so I just have to wait.

thanks. im glad it worked out too. im having wicked smartphone withdrawls here. wirefly does NE2 i think. they are an authorized verison retailer. you order it and they just have to verify your eligibility with verizon. but i could be wrong. seeing as how i have been right my whole life, its about time im wrong for the first right? :p

Does Walmart do the New Every Two discount?

I Hope so...They had an X sitting there in the box just ready to sell! Too bad my NE2 is NEXT FRIDAY! I asked if they could hold it...she said no. But she did say they have gotten a shipment of at least a couple every week.

Does Walmart do the New Every Two discount?

I Hope so...They had an X sitting there in the box just ready to sell! Too bad my NE2 is NEXT FRIDAY! I asked if they could hold it...she said no. But she did say they have gotten a shipment of at least a couple every week.
Don't think they do - I believe its just VZW directly that'll give you the NE2 discount. Check this post here...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ions/60632-find-droid-x-stock.html#post645907

They take payment as soon as they can run with it. I ordered mine on Sunday at noon and my card was charged immediately the next day. I probly won't see the phone for a week or more.

When I called Verizon CS on Monday afternoon, they gave me the $100 off immediately and will bill the phone and the two accessories I ordered to my next bill. I have a couple of friends who have the same experience upgrading with VZW on the phone.

Now if I would just get that pesky shipping email...:icon_eek:

I was in a Verizon store last night swapping out a case for my Droid X and the reps were quoting everyone the 18th still.. Truth is nobody can give you an accurate date for shipping, they are all just estimates.. I will say it seems like people are definitely having better luck with customer service than in store.. As someone in this thread already said, CS > Verizon stores..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just got my shipping confirmation. It will be here on monday.

Recap - Ordered through lets talk on the 29th, yesterday got the credit check and carrier authorization. Got porting questions and shipping taken care of today.

So Excited!!!

Two days from order to shipping...

I ordered my X in store on August 4th (Weds). The guy never took down my e-mail, so I called 611 on Weds afternoon to try and give them my email for the tracking. He said they couldnt do anything, it will auto go to the email on file. He told me to call back and check on Thursday (today) for a tracking number. I told him my expected shipping wasnt until the 18th, and he just said "I would check tomorrow if I was you." I called today and got a woman who told me my phone was getting ready to ship, and would ship out Friday the 6th (two days after purchase). She said they are turning them around fast. I don't have a tracking number yet but I was amazed at how quickly that was. I'll let you know if I do get my tracking number Friday or Saturday.

I ordered my X in store on August 4th (Weds). The guy never took down my e-mail, so I called 611 on Weds afternoon to try and give them my email for the tracking. He said they couldnt do anything, it will auto go to the email on file. He told me to call back and check on Thursday (today) for a tracking number. I told him my expected shipping wasnt until the 18th, and he just said "I would check tomorrow if I was you." I called today and got a woman who told me my phone was getting ready to ship, and would ship out Friday the 6th (two days after purchase). She said they are turning them around fast. I don't have a tracking number yet but I was amazed at how quickly that was. I'll let you know if I do get my tracking number Friday or Saturday.

Please tell me you live in the Midwest..

Ordered mine a week ago tomorrow. Had it for 2-3 days. It shipped on the second and arrived on the third...

EDIT: Ordered online with contract renewel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I ordered my DroidX on July 26th, it shipped on July 29th for delivery on August 2nd. I never got my hands on it because FedEx lost my phone on its way here. I've been told by Verizon that they probably won't ship me another before the 23rd and they made me pay for that second phone.

Verizon told me I was on my own when it comes to filing a claim and getting a refund from FedEx on the phone that never showed up. I'm continuing to fight this as I didn't choose FedEx as the shipper nor did I personally have any contractual arrangement with FedEx to ship the phone. I think this should be Verizons's problem.

Just because your phone ships doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to get it.

I agree with you 100%! Don't give up that fight! You ordered a product in good faith and never received it. There's no way they should be able to get away with charging you for somethig you didn't receive. I know for a FACT that if you were shipping a phone back to them and they didn't get it, then they would make you pay for it. But they aren't willing to hold themselves to the same standard! They can't have it both ways. I'm a long time happy VZW customer, but that wouldn't float with me. I hope they take responsibility for the phone you never received, and soon!

Sent from my DROIDX

Called 611 yesterday, the girl told me it was going to ship today. No tracking number yet. Then she said I should get it by Wednesday. The thing is I was sure the salesman told me it was going to be overnighted. I hate the waiting game.

I went into my local verizon on Tuesday Aug. 3rd. I was told they would 2 day FedEx deliver it to me & scheduled to ship on the 18th or 19th. I just called verizon, Friday, Aug. 6 and they told me any orders recieved on Aug. 3, 4 or 5 would be shipping today so I should have it on Tuesday Aug. 10th

Please tell me you live in the Midwest..

Yeah I do. And the comment about the orders shipping today from orders made the last 3 days is exactly what I was told over 611. Would be nice to have that tracking number though. And correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't orders shipped today be delivered on Monday with FedEx 2 day by 7 PM? FedEx delivers on Saturdays and they also sort packages and ship them on Sundays too. Some would possibly even get them delivered on Saturday if they ship early today, as opposed to tonight.

Back