New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Just called 611 - When I (on the East coast) ordered it online on Tue 8/3 I was given a date of 8/19 - Now, the rep said it'll ship the 23rd - Ugh - I want to hear earlier, not later :(

I bought my phone on 8/1 from the store and haven't gotten it yet or an e-mail with a tracking number. Should I call and see what's going on?

Just spoke with Verizon customer service.

They can see that I placed the order! Major improvement so far.
I was advised that since my order was placed on July 29 , that it should ship Before August 5th. However no tracking number can be provided at this time.

Verizon CS over the Phone is Terrible, It took them Five days just to see the order in the system. If Customer service doesnt improve, I will be back with AT&T. Say what you want about AT&T but they have provided much better customer service in the 15 Years I have had a Phone with them.

Sorry for the rant , Just not real happy with Verizon

I called Verizon yesterday and inquired about the Droid X. The rep told me that should could give me a $100 credit and offer the $100 rebate which would bring the price to $99 for me. She also said the phone would ship today and should would have it ship via FedEx next day air (arriving Monday because Saturday delivery is extra). So I won't get too happy until the box is in hand but my experience has been great so far.

Call *611 and get a person on the phone if you are trying to order this thing.

Call *611 and get a person on the phone if you are trying to order this thing.

Not an Option for New Verizon customers, We just get to call until we find someone that knows what the hell they are doing. And that takes Many calls :mad:

Here's my daily update for my online order placed on 7/30:

I called Wednesday, the CSR said it would ship Wednesday. Nothing.
I called Thursday, the CSR said it would ship Thursday. Nothing.

As of this morning, there is still no tracking information on my DX. I called *611 again this morning. The CSR told me she doesn't know why they told me it would ship earlier. She said all orders placed on 7/29 and 7/30 weren't going to ship out until 8/11. I told her that I know several people who ordered online on 7/31 that already have their DXs. She couldn't explain why they already have it. She credited my account $25 since the previous two people gave me "false information".

:icon_cussing: How clueless can they be? I'm almost ready to call them back and cancel the order and order it from wirefly.com.

I placed my order on 8/4. I called *611 today and was told that if an order was placed on 8/4, X is backordered until 8/23

does buying it from the store or online make a difference on ship dates?

Ever thought that maybe you could be patient and wait for the product to become available? If you called me everyday and complained when most people know, or should know, that blockbuster type new products require time to ramp up production I would probably start lying too.

Not attacking you personally, but come on. I do not think anybody should have this phone overnighted to them. There are MILLIONS of people trying to buy the droidx, give Verizon a chance. Just because Joe forum Guy got his already does not mean that you got screwed

Ever thought that maybe you could be patient and wait for the product to become available? If you called me everyday and complained when most people know, or should know, that blockbuster type new products require time to ramp up production I would probably start lying too.

Not attacking you personally, but come on. I do not think anybody should have this phone overnighted to them. There are MILLIONS of people trying to buy the droidx, give Verizon a chance. Just because Joe forum Guy got his already does not mean that you got screwed
I would be perfectly fine with it if they told me it would ship on the 11th the first time I called. That isn't the issue at all.

I came here and read that people that ordered after me were getting their phone already. When I heard that, I called to see if I would be getting mine early too.

When they told me that it was shipping on the 4th, I was happy. When the 5th came and it didn't ship, I called to get an update. Again, they told me it would ship on the 5th, and that didn't happen, so I called again this morning. If they told me the 11th the first time I called, I would have left it at that.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable by expecting them to ship the phone early when they told me they were going to. Don't promise something that you can't deliver.

Last edited:
I called again this afternoon and they are holding to that orders placed on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th are shipping today. Said systems update at 3 so they should have tracking numbers by then.

im curious to see if mine shows up today considering i ordered it on Sunday

I called again this afternoon and they are holding to that orders placed on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th are shipping today. Said systems update at 3 so they should have tracking numbers by then.

Good Luck, But Dont hold your breath

I giving them a few days to get the phone to me, after that Im calling to cancel. Ordering a Phone shouldnt be this complicated. Yet it took VZW 4 days to find my order that I placed over the Phone.

I ordered my DroidX on July 26th, it shipped on July 29th for delivery on August 2nd. I never got my hands on it because FedEx lost my phone on its way here. I've been told by Verizon that they probably won't ship me another before the 23rd and they made me pay for that second phone.

Verizon told me I was on my own when it comes to filing a claim and getting a refund from FedEx on the phone that never showed up. I'm continuing to fight this as I didn't choose FedEx as the shipper nor did I personally have any contractual arrangement with FedEx to ship the phone. I think this should be Verizons's problem.

Just because your phone ships doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to get it.

If both VZ and FED EX don't want to help you...contact Better Business Bureau (u can just go to their website) I had a problem with XM radio giving me the run around regarding a refund for 4 months. finally i contacted BBB and i had XM radio was calling me dying to help me and I got my refund in 2 weeks

I ordered my DroidX on July 26th, it shipped on July 29th for delivery on August 2nd. I never got my hands on it because FedEx lost my phone on its way here. I've been told by Verizon that they probably won't ship me another before the 23rd and they made me pay for that second phone.

Verizon told me I was on my own when it comes to filing a claim and getting a refund from FedEx on the phone that never showed up. I'm continuing to fight this as I didn't choose FedEx as the shipper nor did I personally have any contractual arrangement with FedEx to ship the phone. I think this should be Verizons's problem.

Just because your phone ships doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to get it.

If both VZ and FED EX don't want to help you...contact Better Business Bureau (u can just go to their website) I had a problem with XM radio giving me the run around regarding a refund for 4 months. finally i contacted BBB and i had XM radio was calling me dying to help me and I got my refund in 2 weeks

This happened with me and Verizon on a billing thing. They had overcharged me $300, and the time to challenge the charge had passed. They did nothing, until I took it to the BBB. Within a week a woman from the CEO's office had called me and it was settled. They get a lot of complains to the BBB but they do seem to try and settle them.

Back