New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

I ordered mine on 8/3 at a verizon store and was also told by the employee it would ship on the 18th and I would have it by the 20th. I leave for florida on the 20th in the evening, I was hoping to have my new phone for my trip but I don't know if I'm expecting too much. Seems like verizon is pretty much clueless as to when these phones will ship out.

I ordered mine on the 4/AUG/1600hrs and the Verizon status page is still showing:

"Here is the status of your order.
Order Date: 08/04/2010

Order Number: X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Order Status: Your order has been processed and will be shipped based on inventory availability and shipping method. You will receive shipment notification and tracking details via email."

I can wait. I just hope to have it before Football season kicks off.:icon_ banana:

Economic sense

I don't believe it's a conspiracy. It doesn't have to be anything so paranoia inducing.

It lies just within the realm of possibility, that Verizon has been taken just as much by surprise, as the rest of us were, at the amazing rollout their latest offering (the X) is enjoying. After-all, for at least the last two iterations, nothing else has even been a stone in the shoe, of the juggernaut that is the iPhone.

And with the economy the way it is... a discretionary business model would seem to suggest caution. At least in terms of initial production numbers.

In short, I believe that unexpected demand has caught them short. Willfully denying an eager customer base, in order to stimulate further demand at this point is frankly ludicrous.

went to the store that i bought my phone from (on 8/1) and the lady said it wouldnt go out until the 18th and that they were really far behind

I just called CS again b/c, you know, I have nothing better to do on Saturday evening. I was told again that my DX would ship by the 18th and I would have it no later than the 20th. He did admit that they are shipping as soon as they get new inventory so people who ordered the same day won't get their phones on the same day. He also said that most people are getting them sooner than promised. He's also the first one who explained to me that because I ordered mine on the phone my order number is not accessible through the online order status portal at VZW's site. They're evidently two separate systems. I keep telling myself to stop calling, that it will get here when it gets here. But, you know, I just can't help myself when I see some of you who ordered the day before or the same day I did are getting tracking numbers. Anyway, sometime in the next few weeks we should all have our new gadgets.

I've been reading the forums here for awhile now and just signed up to add to this thread. Not that anyone needs false hope...

Anyway, I just got off the phone with support about 5 minutes ago. The gentleman on the other end told me that "...it looks like it shipped on 8/6, but I do not have a tracking number for it yet." So with any luck, I should have it Monday.

He did, however, tell me to call back tomorrow (Sunday, 8/8) and that "they should" have a tracking number for me.

Hehe... I just want the damn phone. I ordered it on 8/3 and I am not patient at all. Gimme my Droid so I can ditch this damned LG enV Touch already!

And wherebouts would you be located so us false hoping poor bastages can pretend we know which distro center it's coming out of dancedroid

And wherebouts would you be located so us false hoping poor bastages can pretend we know which distro center it's coming out of dancedroid

Massachusetts. As I said, he told me there was no tracking information. Personally, I am under the impression that it could come from just about any of their distribution centers... it would be ridiculous for them to rely on a single one for an entire area.

Then again, this is Verizon...

It seems like most people are getting their DX's in 7 to 10 days, as someone has already stated. That's fine with me. As long as I get it before I have to drive 300 miles to get to school (August 21st), I'll be happy. I would love to have it sooner, much sooner, but who wouldn't. It's a product in high demand. It's understandable that we have to wait. It is not, however, understandable how Droid X's are available online and through other third-party retailers. You would think that Motorola, or whoever actually sells the product would sell to Verizon, a huge company before they sold it to wirefly and other online sites. Now, I'm not a marketing genius, and I'm sure there would still be a shortage, but I'm sure those of us who walked into stores or ordered online would be getting our Droids much faster if they would just focus on providing Verizon with product.

I think I read on a previous post that someone in central New York was getting theirs from a distribution center out of Philadelphia, which would be great for me living in the Scranton PA area. If an order made on 8/3 is on it's way to MA, my order made on the same day should be coming shortly. Let's hope Verizon is on the ball!

I think I read on a previous post that someone in central New York was getting theirs from a distribution center out of Philadelphia, which would be great for me living in the Scranton PA area. If an order made on 8/3 is on it's way to MA, my order made on the same day should be coming shortly. Let's hope Verizon is on the ball!

Well good luck with it then! Hope you get it soon, but not before I get mine. ;)

I've been reading the forums here for awhile now and just signed up to add to this thread. Not that anyone needs false hope...

Anyway, I just got off the phone with support about 5 minutes ago. The gentleman on the other end told me that "...it looks like it shipped on 8/6, but I do not have a tracking number for it yet." So with any luck, I should have it Monday.

He did, however, tell me to call back tomorrow (Sunday, 8/8) and that "they should" have a tracking number for me.

Hehe... I just want the damn phone. I ordered it on 8/3 and I am not patient at all. Gimme my Droid so I can ditch this damned LG enV Touch already!

We bought ours on the same day but last time I called (5 hours ago) the guy couldn't give me any info on my X cause my mom wasn't by me and shes the account holder........ I really hope mine shipped yesterday too and I get it monday.

Called back earlier today and got some additinal information. I was told that my phone should be here Monday - Wednesday. I live in North Carolina and will keep you updated; she may have told me that just to get me off the phone. LOL This young lady actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about and was going through some emails so she could read me the latest on the X situation.

Called back earlier today and some additinal information. I was told that my phone should be here Monday - Wednesday. I live in North Carolina and will keep you updated; she may have told me that just to get me off the phone. LOL This young lady actually sounded like she knew what she was talking about and was going through some emails so she could read me the latest on the X situation.

When did you order yours and from where? (store/online/phone/etc)

kind of interesting to know they might e-mail tracking numbers out on a sunday. hopefully i get one im sick of reading forum posts lol

Back