New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

just called *611 and the lady told me it wouldnt ship until at least the 20th and I ordered it on 8/1...I don't believe her

just called *611 and the lady told me it wouldnt ship until at least the 20th and I ordered it on 8/1...I don't believe her

I just called too and was told "it will ship before the 19th" and that's the only information she could give me.

It seems like it's a waste of time to call them at this point since they can't really give you accurate information.

yea, they are just going by generic ship by dates I don't think they are actually able to make a legitamate estimate. when i bought mine though the website said ship by 8/18 so I don't know where shes getting the 20th from.

I just called too and was told "it will ship before the 19th" and that's the only information she could give me.

It seems like it's a waste of time to call them at this point since they can't really give you accurate information.

Yeah, I think calling is a waste of time. I just called to check to see if mine had shipped yet, the guy said 10 days. I told him my salesman had told me it would ship today and he said, "well, we are just guessing!". Ha! I told him he shouldn't just guess.

we're all like excited kids that doesn't want to go to sleep and wait up for santa to put our presents under the tree!

we're all like excited kids that doesn't want to go to sleep and wait up for santa to put our presents under the tree!

It's awful isn't it! I'm the worst when it comes to new gadgets!! I'm super excited to get it. I have a BB right now, so I'm super excited to get my hands on it and try out the android platform!
I think I would have rather that he told me that it wouldn't ship till the 25th and I get it early as opposed to him telling me it would ship today and it be late!

dancedroid Im in NJ...Ordered phone on the 4th, was told by service rep phone will ship by the 19th. In all likely hood, the phone will ship sooner, unless demand is so overwhelming. The reps cant give you an exact date cause no one at Verizon knows when your order will EXACTLY ship. They have to wait for motorola to make more and then who knows how they determine who will get their phones first.

Just forget about it and you ll have it before you know it. No sense in calling and checking your email twice a day. No one will give the answer you want to hear. Its not like you dont have a phone now. If you really want to get your hands on a droid, go to the verizon store and play with the display.

Dont worry, the phone will probably ship sooner that you were told. Anytime I order an item thats on backorder, I always get it sooner than expected.

Last edited:

It's awful isn't it! I'm the worst when it comes to new gadgets!! I'm super excited to get it. I have a BB right now, so I'm super excited to get my hands on it and try out the android platform!
I think I would have rather that he told me that it wouldn't ship till the 25th and I get it early as opposed to him telling me it would ship today and it be late!

I'll be happy if i get it before the 20th, that's when I leave for florida and would love to have it for my trip. Of course it would be even better if i got it this week. the anticipation is killing me!!!

Order in the mail

Hello, I have been obsessed with this topic, so I thought I would contribute:
I ordered my X online on 8/2 at about 10am east coast time (NC) (waited for my NE2 50$) along with a clear case.

I received my delivery confirmation email on Sunday afternoon and today my online verizon status changed to shipped. According to Fed Ex it should get here tomorrow before 3pm (I already have my signed letter on the door.)

I hope others have as much luck as me!

I ordered mine by calling my local store on the phone on 08-01-10. I just received the tracking number last night by calling *611 and it said it will be delivered this Wednesday 08-11-10. When I ordered it, the guy told me that the rebate will be applied instantly and I didn't have to send it in. The total came to just over $200, how are some of you guys getting the phone for just over $100? Am I missing something here?

I think you misunderstood. see you get a 100 dollars off for upgradeing and another 100 dollars off if ordered online or 100 dollars rebate visa card uf irdered at the store. I think you or the guy misunderstood and thought of the 100 dollars off when you upgrade possible idea there are paid by commision they will do almost anything to get that sale

Just called into 611 and got a tracking number for my phone. I ordered it in store last Wednesday (the 4th around noon) and it shipped this morning. Will be delivered by Wednesday - 430. He gave me a tracking number but I didn't write it down. Oh well!

Great, People that ordered days after me are being notified there phones have shipped. Two more days and I cancel my order and stay with AT&T.

Great, People that ordered days after me are being notified there phones have shipped. Two more days and I cancel my order and stay with AT&T.

Be patient. AT&T is garbage. Go towards the light. :motdroidvert:

Just called into 611 and got a tracking number for my phone. I ordered it in store last Wednesday (the 4th around noon) and it shipped this morning. Will be delivered by Wednesday - 430. He gave me a tracking number but I didn't write it down. Oh well!

What state are you in?

Back