New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Well, that makes sense. I wish they would just be honest with us and tell us what is actually happening instead of one (or many) generic answers. If they're set to ship by a certain date, but most are shipping sooner, tell us that. If where we live is a factor, tell us that. I would be much more understanding if they just told us, in all honesty, why our orders aren't being shipped.

love how they said if you ordered on 3rd you get it by 19th but i ordered on 1st and earlier the girl told me it wouldnt ship until 20th. seems like they are just pulling dates outa their asses.

Mine Shipped

Ordered in a Verizon store on 1 August - received email yesterday that it had shipped on 8 August and will be here on 10 August. Was originally told it would not ship until 18 August.

Go figure. Hurry up tuesday!!!

Ordered mine in store on 7/31 told that the ship date would be by 8/18. I called customer service everyday and to my surprise they gave me my shipping number this morning. they told me they would contact me when it was in, however, they never did. Im glad i kept calling. It is suppose to arrive by 3pm tomorrow.

My Droid X just came right now, and I have the day off, can't wait to play around with itdancedroid :icon_ banana:

Droid X

I ordered mine on Thursday evening August 5th online at 8pm. I am in Maryland about 45 miles south of Washington, DC. The website said when I ordered that it would be shipped by August 25th. The online tool to check the status states that it will be shipped when it is available. So even though I am anxious to have it I am doing my best to be patient. I have lived the last 39 years without out it so I guess a few more weeks will not kill me.:lol: Of course it would be nice to have it before I head to Myrtle Beach on the 20th.

I do think that there may be some truth to certain areas being higher in demand which is why many are still waiting while others are enjoying their new phones. I know that I waited a few weeks after the release because I wanted to wait and see what the reviews were. I was lucky enough to see one and tinker with it a bit and I was sold.

In a few weeks this hopefully all will be over and we will be posting away about our great new phones. I also think that possibly depending on where you live may make the deals you get, shipping options and other things different. I chose a two year upgrade as I moved my daughter's upgrade to my line for 199.00 plus tax with free overnight shipping. Maybe the people that had to pay for S&H purchased from another service provider and not Verizon directly.

In the end I am using my free time to read all I can about the phone and the aps and options so I won't feel like a cavewoman when it arrives.

Ordered mine last Tuesday, it will be here tomorrow!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Anxiously Waiting...

I ordered my DX on Aug 3rd, they payment went through on the 5th, and I called Verizon today to see if there would be any more information with customer service. She initially said that with the order placed on the 3rd, it should ship either the 6th or the 13th. She then put me on hold, and came back and told me that it would ship by Aug 23rd... It's still a guessing game, but I'm hoping it shipped the 6th.(eternal optimist!) I will post again when it arrives... :)
Update!! I just got my tracking Email! My D X went on the truck from Ontario, Ca and will be here Thursday!! Very Excited!

08/12/2010 I got my DROID!! Excellent unit from everything I have seen on it so far!! Now to decide what apps to put on it. (There are so many to choose from!!) Well, I'm off to finish programming this thing!!

Last edited:
Woot! Got my shipping confirmation today.

Ordered 8/3 11pm ish CST With estemated ship of 8/18

Shipped 8/9 10am ish Got free overnight shipping will be here tomorrow 8/10

Shipped from Memphis, TN to Benton, MS

Well here's an update on my order.

Ordered on the 8/3 and was told on 8/7 that it shipped 8/6. I called back on 8/8 and was told it was on back order and that the first person I spoke with was wrong and it would not be shipped until 8/19 at the earliest. On both of those calls, I was given TWO different order numbers. Neither of which seem valid to the site when I punch them in (my original order number on my printed receipt works). Today, they charged me for the phone even though I was told at the time of ordering that it would not be charged until it was shipped.

Now... I don't mind waiting, believe me. However, a lot of people are talking here about being given different dates, no dates, no tracking information and the like and I wanted to test that out. Apparently, Verizon are clueless in this and are making it much harder on customers than it really needs to be.

Anyway, I am not getting my phone anytime soon from the looks of things and I just wanted to update the thread with my most recent experiences.

Good luck to those of you waiting, I hope you get it soon. Congratulations to those of you who have received it. :)

I was charged the MINUTE I ordered.. however.. I'm a new customer. They may do things differently for renewing customers.

Back