New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Friend of mine ordered his yesterday, was shipped today and got his tracking information (not even 24hrs later after being told it'd ship in 15 days) and it'll arrive on the 12th.

Must have timed it just right because it now says that new orders will ship in 1-2 weeks.

Friend of mine ordered his yesterday, was shipped today and got his tracking information (not even 24hrs later after being told it'd ship in 15 days) and it'll arrive on the 12th.

Did he order it through Verizon's site, in a store or over the phone?

I just spoke with them again (hoping my nagging will get it here sooner, hehe) and now they are telling me that it will ship on the 23rd and not the 19th as originally promised.

This has to be a nightmare for the CSRs at Verizon. I am sure they are fielding more types of calls like these than is usual and are probably just doing the best they can to keep a ridiculous situation in check.

Really??? What state does he live in? He ordered through Verizon or a vendor? Thats nuts if its true.

So, from what i am reading, these phones are shipping early? I live in ohio and ordered it on 8/8 and they gave me overnight with a shipping day on the 25th and i would get it on the 26th. Seems pretty long to me. Also they said that it will be at my door on the 26th before 3 pm. Nobody is home before them to sign for it. Anyone know if we are signing for these or if they are dropping them off? or i also read that you can print the tracking number off and sign the bottom and they might take that instead of a formal person on person signature...

Is this true?

I ordered my Droid X 8/3 to be shipped 8/18. FEDEX note on the door today. I'm going to pick it up at 5pm. I'm in South East Al and ordered from Verizon online.

i also read that you can print the tracking number off and sign the bottom and they might take that instead of a formal person on person signature...

Is this true?

There should be a form you print online and sign it then tape to your door if you're not going to be home.

This is what it says on there website now:

Compare up to 3 phones DROID X by MOTOROLA
sm_star_4_5.png

Rating Distribution (1332 Reviews) Ease of Use
sm_star_4_5.gif

Display
sm_star_5.gif

Design
sm_star_4_5.gif

Features
sm_star_5.gif

Battery Life
sm_star_3_5.gif

1332 Reviews

Android!

• Android
  • 3G Mobile Hotspot
  • Camera 8.0 Megapixel
  • Skype Mobile
  • Visual Voice Mail
  • Requires data pkg $29.99 or higher
  • Early Termination Fee $350 (1 yr/2 yr contracts)
Full Retail Price $569.99 Price with 2yr contract $299.99 Online Discount - 100.00 Your Price $199.99 1 2 3 4 5 Add to Cart + Add to Wish List

Verizon rep at the store said he was required to tell me a maximum of 20 days. 8/8, so that means 8/28? That's just ridiculous.

Anybody have experience ordering from the store and how it long it usually takes?

i ordered minefrom the store and was told the 25th like i said above.
but in the store i was also given the instant rebate, and a 50 dollar credit which i used on the accessories they were trying to sell me.
I don't know why they asked me if I wanted to buy the accessories if they were planning on giving me a 50 dollar credit anyways. On the reciept it actually sais that my droid was 149.99 :D

I ordered mine on 8/3, from a store and he said it'll ship by 8/18. I haven't heard anything about a 20 day maximum, but most people are getting theirs in a 7-10 business days. I, however, haven't gotten an email yet and the rep I spoke to on the phone this morning said it's set to ship on the 19th or sooner. Saying that I'm unsatisfied with VZW's customer service would be an understatement.

i ordered minefrom the store and was told the 25th like i said above.
but in the store i was also given the instant rebate, and a 50 dollar credit which i used on the accessories they were trying to sell me.
I don't know why they asked me if I wanted to buy the accessories if they were planning on giving me a 50 dollar credit anyways. On the reciept it actually sais that my droid was 149.99 :D

Fortunately I'm on a business account so I am awarded instant rebates anyways, but that 50 dollar gift card would have covered the Exclusive Car Package for 49.97. Comes with the windshield mount, screen protectors, and 12v cigarette lighter adapter. Pretty nice deal.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear the 7-10 days. So i should realistically be expecting my X on 8/15 - 8/17?

I hope mine doesn't come plagued with wifi issues like so many others

Back