New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

no its not. worth calling you are not even going to get it faster. only time I would call is if you did not get it by the time they said it would. only way they are going to go out of there way to send you something is if there is a legit reason why you would be pissed off about the service like not being there when promised. and that is pushing it.

That's true. I was mad that it was taking so long but the bottom line is that it's an item that's in high demand and we'll all get it when we get it. In a perfect world, Motorola would be keeping up with production and shipping them to Verizon, then to us in a timely manner. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world.

i ordered mine like the 28th of july and they told it was gonna be the 19th and now there saying the 26th

People like you make people like me scared I won't get my phone early, but late.:icon_evil:

no its not. worth calling you are not even going to get it faster. only time I would call is if you did not get it by the time they said it would. only way they are going to go out of there way to send you something is if there is a legit reason why you would be pissed off about the service like not being there when promised. and that is pushing it.

I think people have mixed luck with this. I am on a corporate business account, and I had my account manager call the Verizon Rep who's assigned to our account. The Rep said he will try his best to have it available as soon as possible.

Whether this has helped, I will never know. Meantime, when I called yesterday they told me the order had been processed, something which theoretically shouldn't happen until they have a device to assign to my upgrade.

It's only been four days, I ordered it on 8/8, and a rep told me to call today or tomorrow for a FedEx tracking number.

So now I'm just waiting to call, don't want to call to early.

I also want to hear if anybody recieved the "care" package. Apparently VZW is sending out tshirts and stickers with the devices.

Last edited:
I received my Droid X.

Recap: Ordered on July 31st. Rec'd on August 10th. Ordered online. A few notes: I NEVER received a fedex shipping number. Fedex showed up at my door. Love the verizon notification process.

I also want to hear if anybody recieved the "care" package. Apparently VZW is sending out tshirts and stickers with the devices.

I haven't heard anything about this "care package" thing. Any other info about it? When they started sending them out, etc.
The Verizon site says it only weighs about 5.5 ounces and fedex says the package weighs 2 lbs. I suppose it could just be the boxes adding the extra weight, but you never know.

Love the verizon notification process.

I guess the only fool proof way around their shot system is to dial *611.

I haven't heard anything about this "care package" thing. Any other info about it? When they started sending them out, etc.
The Verizon site says it only weighs about 5.5 ounces and fedex says the package weighs 2 lbs. I suppose it could just be the boxes adding the extra weight, but you never know.

Article is here: Verizon sends Motorola Droid X owners a 'thank you' package

Says people have received t-shirts, stickers, and a flyer good for 25% off accessories. My guess is its for those who have had to wait an extended period.

Love the verizon notification process.

I guess the only fool proof way around their shot system is to dial *611.

Article is here: Verizon sends Motorola Droid X owners a 'thank you' package

Says people have received t-shirts, stickers, and a flyer good for 25% off accessories. My guess is its for those who have had to wait an extended period.

Or here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...n-sending-out-droid-x-thank-you-packages.html

:)

That's pretty sweet. Sure, the shirt would probably be too small and I'd have nothing to put the sticker on, but the 25% off would be cool. It looks like only some people are getting them.

My phone has been delivered to the mailroom in my office building. Now I just have to sit here and wait for them to bring it up! Better be soon.

I'll let you guys know if I get the care package or not. I ordered my phone in store on August 4th by the way. Exactly a week.

I wonder if there is a correlation between location and how fast you receive your order. It would make sense that VZW would have warehouses across the US.

Recieved fed es #

Ordered over the phone midday 8/3 just received fed ex info @ 7:17 a.m
will be here by 3p.m thursday. I am in North NJ . Received free overnight.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Just got off the phone with a different VZW rep who told me the phone wouldn't ship until the 25th. :icon_eek:

Got my phone--no care package. I've got it rolling now though, although I am at work so I won't really be able to mess with it.

Ruined one Steinheil protector before getting the second one on. Not that impressed by it really. Some bubbles at the very bottom of the glass near the buttons, but hopefully they flatten out. There is a mark on the protector left by one of the stickers on it that will annoy me though.

My phone is on the truck for delivery. Ordered on 8/3 over the phone w/ est ship date of 8/18. It shipped on 8/9. Tracking says it is on the truck for delivery. dancedroid. I am now officially stalking the FedEx guy...is that a bad thing?

Back