New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

It would seem Verizon is extremely inconsistent.

I would be interested to hear from anybody who ordered after 8/3, or around the time I did, their estimated shipping date, and the actual date they received their device.

I ordered via 611 #,aug 4, recieved e-mail aug 10, picked up and in transit to KY. supposed to get it by 7pm aug 12.

my bad i had orderd it the 3 of august and got it today around 1 but spent all day trying to get my numbers off the storm poor girl at verizon couldnt figure it out

I ordered mine on Saturday the 7th in store. I was told by the sales rep that it would ship Monday the 9th. Of course it didn't and has not yet. I called today and was told it may ship Friday the 13th but most likely it would ship Monday the 16th.

Of course this is different info from when I called Monday to check if it had shipped. I was told on Monday that it wouldn't ship until the 25th.
Who knows. They are just guessing at this point I think. I only wish they were consistent across the board instead of each rep giving their own individual guesses.
Not laughing at you man, but Friday the 13th? Were they trying to tell you something with that date? :D

Yeah I know. Friday the 13th. Not a good sign huh? Still, I won't complain IF it ships!

Hey, stop bagging on Friday Aug 13th.... that is my birthday. Sure would be nice if my new Droid X would show up on Friday the 13th. I was told it would be the 25th when I order on Monday of this week.

On a separate note, I forwarded the email that I received for my order and asked them to change my shipping address to my office. I got a response this morning saying it could not be changed. Made a phone call to the 877 number on the email and they changed it.

By the way, did any of you use the SMART phone $50 promotion? Got my phone for $149.99 from Verizon online (no waiting for a stupid rebate). Tuesday was the last day according to the email I got.

Still love my Droid 1, but I just couldn't resist that 4.3 screen any longer.

Ordered mine August 8th late in the afternoon. I had an issue today that required a call into Customer Support, so for s&g's I asked about my X.

I was more than content with the 25th, as advertised for shipping, but the rep said it was shipping today and I'll get it tomorrow!

I've yet to receive a shipping notification to confirm it, fingers crossed! So I guess there's at least one advantage to living in "Fly Over Country" the demand isn't as bad as it is on the coasts.

i ordered mine monday this week and my order number isnt working. hopefully it just magicaly appears lol. I just hope my iphone can last till then the screen lcd has lines going right to left.
any one else here a iphone user converted?

I ordered mine on the 4th online. Supposed to get it by the 19th. Haven't heard anything yet. I've heard from others that they never received notification of the ship date; it just arrived. A service rep told me last week that there are 4 distribution centers across the country. I have noticed from others who have posted that those who called VZ to order X or those who ordered from in the store get their Xs quicker

Finally received the X. Ordered on July 29th

Glad thats over and Hope everyone starts getting theres soon.

Ordered mine August 8th late in the afternoon. I had an issue today that required a call into Customer Support, so for s&g's I asked about my X.

I was more than content with the 25th, as advertised for shipping, but the rep said it was shipping today and I'll get it tomorrow!

I've yet to receive a shipping notification to confirm it, fingers crossed! So I guess there's at least one advantage to living in "Fly Over Country" the demand isn't as bad as it is on the coasts.

I ordered mine the 6th, and I called today to check on it, and I was told the same thing. However, I didn't receive any information either. I called later in the day and was told something totally different. I was told back to the 25th again so who knows!!!!!!

Sounds like the same circumstances as myself, ordered late august the 8th. However my rep said it would ship the 25th.

So, unless my shipment is right next in line, it would seem Verizon truly isn't working off first come first serve.

Last edited:
Received my X today. Loving it.

My storm 2 has been wiped and is now for sale!

I ordered mine on the 4th online and got an email today saying it should be here on Friday.

Has anybody that ordered after the 4th gotten a shipping notice? I ordered on the 7th and customer service told me yesterday that it should ship tomorrow the 13th.

My wife ordered her Droid X on Tuesday the 10th in the store. They told us it would ship by the 25th. Haven't heard anything yet of course, but hopefully it will ship early. I will let everyone know as soon as I get notice.

I still think something will go wrong and delay my phone, but FedEx has it on a truck and out for delivery right now.

I guess 9 total days after ordering and being told not until the 19th is decent, but still have that sneaking suspicion that they are just artificially inflating demand with this.

Back