New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

I ordered my son's on the 3rd and it arrived yesterday, best phone period.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I still think something will go wrong and delay my phone, but FedEx has it on a truck and out for delivery right now.

I guess 9 total days after ordering and being told not until the 19th is decent, but still have that sneaking suspicion that they are just artificially inflating demand with this.

FedEx is one of the most reliable shipping services. If they say they will have it out to you by 7PM today, they will!

I purchased the Car Bundle accessory kit -which by the way Verizon messed up and charged me twice for (working on getting that resolved)- with 2 day shipping for my x (before i even received it :p ). Verizon shipped it out on the 11th at 7:48 PM and it just arrived at my door, not even 20 hours later. Meantime, their online tracking service updated within a minute of me actually signing for the package.

So if there is anybody to blame here its Verizon for being inconsistent and unreliable.

Last edited:
FedEx is one of the most reliable shipping services. If they say they will have it out to you by 7PM today, they will!

I purchased the Car Bundle accessory kit -which by the way Verizon messed up and charged me twice for (working on getting that resolved)- with 2 day shipping for my x (before i even received it :p ). Verizon shipped it out on the 11th at 7:48 PM and it just arrived at my door, not even 20 hours later. Meantime, their online tracking service updated within a minute of me actually signing for the package.

So if there is anybody to blame here its Verizon for being inconsistent and unreliable.

Oh I know FedEx is pretty reliable. I prefer them to U People Suck (UPS)... but I was thinking more along the lines of Verizon doing something like sending me an email saying "sorry, but we didn't really ship it. LOL".

i ordered my phone late on the 4th online (verizon website) and recieved my phone fed ex by 3pm on tuesday. hope this helps

anybody here order their phone in tampa fl area and get the phone in a week

Ordered online on the 4th in the afternoon and my phone has been shipped today. dancedroid I should have it tomorrow. Im in NJ. When I purchased the phone, I was told by the 19th Id get it. Yes, I did get an email shipping confirmation. With my new every 2 $50 discount and the instant $100 rebate, I paid $150 for the phone. Plus free overnight shipping. $150, cant beat that.

Ive never had a smart phone or one with a touch screen. Should be an interesting learning experience.

By the way, I love this icon...dancedroid

Ordered online on the 4th in the afternoon and my phone has been shipped today. dancedroid I should have it tomorrow. Im in NJ. When I purchased the phone, I was told by the 19th Id get it. Yes, I did get an email shipping confirmation. With my new every 2 $50 discount and the instant $100 rebate, I paid $150 for the phone. Plus free overnight shipping. $150, cant beat that.

Ive never had a smart phone or one with a touch screen. Should be an interesting learning experience.

Which dancedroid icon are dancedroid you talking dancedroid about?

Looks like Verizon has once again increased the estimated shipping date:
vzwsite.png

Yup, that's a 5 day increase. It may be worth calling *611 and seeing if it applies to all currently processing orders..

I've never had a smartphone or a touch screen phone either, so you're not alone. I was a bit weary about getting a touch screen. I hate the iPod Touch. I'm always hitting the wrong thing. But, I played with the display model and it felt just like I was hitting a button. It was incredible. I can't wait to get my phone. Tomorrow!

No, that date is for new orders as of today. Not for previously placed ones. Besides, they usually go out sooner.

On a side note, I imagine Motorola is making a lot of money from this phone and their stock should go up.

Looks like Verizon has once again increased the estimated shipping date:
vzwsite.png

Yup, that's a 5 day increase. It may be worth calling *611 and seeing if it applies to all currently processing orders..

The date you see applies to orders placed now. All orders seem to be getting filled sonner than date given. My X for instance arrived 10 days before date Verizon said it would ship.

When they charge your card does that mean it has shipped???

I thought they didn't charge your card right away if on backorder?

When they charge your card does that mean it has shipped???

I thought they didn't charge your card right away if on backorder?

I ordered from the store and they charged my credit card right away even though its been over a week and still hasn't shipped. Not sure what happens if you order online.

The date you see applies to orders placed now. All orders seem to be getting filled sonner than date given. My X for instance arrived 10 days before date Verizon said it would ship.

That is good news. I may give VZW CS another call, the 4th one in 4 days. I'm impatient.

Back