New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

I had my order processed on the 9th according to Verizon. I called CS and played dumb because frankly I am confused about the shipping dates. I just told them the date keeps changing and I forget the date I was quoted and can they please tell me when I can expect my phone.

I was told something that I found to be interesting. The lady told me that it was weird that I ordered the phone on the 9th and that it should have shipped the 10th. She also said that they only ship during the week and I should expect to get a tracking number today or sometime tomorrow. She also told me "I know they are backed up with orders, but they are not really that backed up."

So it looks like orders are actually being fulfilled in 4-5 business days. I'll update tomorrow on what actually happens. I sincerely hope that I am not getting people excited and this could all be a dimwitted representative.

I ordered mine on the 4th online. Supposed to get it by the 19th. Haven't heard anything yet. I've heard from others that they never received notification of the ship date; it just arrived. A service rep told me last week that there are 4 distribution centers across the country. I have noticed from others who have posted that those who called VZ to order X or those who ordered from in the store get their Xs quicker

dancedroidI just got the Email confirmation. It was picked up by Fedex today in West Chester, PA.. I live in Maryland, but I won't get it until Monday, the 16th

My phone was delivered at 1:00PM today (8/12)... I just spent the last almost 3 hours configuring it and getting to know it a little better, hehe. Wow, that time went by FAST.

Anyway, as others have noted, they seem to be shipping sooner than the promised dates.

Good luck on getting yours early everyone!

I ordered mine on the 4th online. Supposed to get it by the 19th. Haven't heard anything yet. I've heard from others that they never received notification of the ship date; it just arrived. A service rep told me last week that there are 4 distribution centers across the country. I have noticed from others who have posted that those who called VZ to order X or those who ordered from in the store get their Xs quicker

dancedroidI just got the Email confirmation. It was picked up by Fedex today in West Chester, PA.. I live in Maryland, but I won't get it until Monday, the 16th

An indirect signature is required. Anybody know if that means they will leave it at the door? I assume that Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

An indirect signature is required. Anybody know if that means they will leave it at the door? I assume that Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

FedEx will leave a note on the door which you can sign authorizing them to leave it at the door, but they will not leave it there initially. You can also opt to go and pick it up at your local distribution center. You can set this up by contacting FedEx customer Service.

FedEx does do residential Saturday deliveries, however this is an extra charge (usually around $10). You can contact them through customer service and see if it can be done (and since their pretty good about pleasing customers, you most likely can), and you may or may not have to pay.

If i ordered at the store, can the rep tell me when it will ship? I ordered on the 8th and am anxious as hell. Also, its my parents account, do i need my dads last 4 of the social or just our account code thing?

I placed my order on the 5th with a CSR over the phone and havent heard anything yet. FWIW im in North Jersey

As promised here's my official update after I was told my a Verizon Customer Service Rep my phone shipped yesterday and will get here today, even though I haven't received an email notification.

A long line of BS, after the FedEx truck had been to my place of business and left without dropping my X, I gave a courtesy call to Verizon. The story this time is my phone will ship on Sunday and I'll receive it on Monday.

Looking at the time frame of 7 days (I ordered it on the 8th) I think this is probably correct, and not really a big deal. This gives me 2 more shipping days to receive the case, dock and such I have on order.

Hoping my D1 sells on eBay over the weekend so the timing ought to be about right.

i ordered my phone and accessories on august 11, in store and the lady told me it could come anywhere between the 11th-25th, on what day should i expect it?? HELP ME pleaseeeee.

Last edited:
You got super lucky with that 7 days man, I too ordered on the 8th, I'm not expecting it soon but i may drop a call to verizon. Do i need my dads social? or just the account password?

You got super lucky with that 7 days man, I too ordered on the 8th, I'm not expecting it soon but i may drop a call to verizon. Do i need my dads social? or just the account password?

The last 4 digits of your dad's social is what you need. Just call 611.

Ordered the 6th, In the Verizon Store

Just to give an update on my status. I have been trolling this forum for weeks now without ever posting. So I figured it was about time to tell my story. I ordered my DX (actually 2, one for me, one for wifey) in store on Friday, August 6th. Was told it would ship by August 24th. I called VZW customer service this morning (8/13) and they told me that it was processing and should ship by the 24th. She did say that they are shipping them as quick as the phones arrive. She said I would probably receive it sometime next week (just her opinion though). She also told me that I would receive a tracking number when the phone ships, regardless if I ordered online, or in store. She confirmed my email address, and said that she hopes I receive my phone soon. I will update as soon as I receive anymore info on my status. Ordered it from a Verizon corporate store near Nashville, TN. Phone will be shipping to Huntsville, AL.

Back