New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

I hate waiting and waiting. I hate that I check the status at least 3-5 times a day and it still says the same thing.

This is honestly the worst wait of my 30 years of life!!!

I WANT MY X!

Yeah so i called tehre today. They didn't have my email on file and she told me that it didnt ship yet and it should ship by the 25th maybe earlier but she was no help. Now I gotta call there again everyday to find out when its gonna ship so i can be prepared.

Btw i ordered the 8th from a store and I live in ohio

I'm in the same boat here guys. I ordered online on Aug. 7th and have not received any type of notification.

The order status on the VZW website is completely worthless!

Yeah so i called tehre today. They didn't have my email on file and she told me that it didnt ship yet and it should ship by the 25th maybe earlier but she was no help. Now I gotta call there again everyday to find out when its gonna ship so i can be prepared.

Btw i ordered the 8th from a store and I live in ohio

Hey iDrOid...
I live in Cleveland and Ordered online on the 10th.

The WORST part about having about shipping it to my house is that I HAVE to be home to sign for it. I need to plan ahead to make that happen and seeing how many peoples X just SHOWED UP at their door with no email notification of shipping is really worrying me that they will bring it on a day when I'm at work!!!

I need to see people who ordered on the 7-8-9th getting their phones...that will help me to know when I'll get mine!!!

I know man, She told me itd ship before 3 pm. Everybody in my house works till at least 3 meaning ima have to drive to the fedex distribution center and get it. And w/o a tracking number i cant even sign the paper and leave it on the door, cause they don't have my email

I know man, She told me itd ship before 3 pm. Everybody in my house works till at least 3 meaning ima have to drive to the fedex distribution center and get it. And w/o a tracking number i cant even sign the paper and leave it on the door, cause they don't have my email

iDrOid, did you ask them to change the email address? I'm going to dial *611 this morning as well and see if I can have them add my personal email, as the one on file is probably the office manager's.

I too ordered on 8/8, I'll update asap.

I ordered mine on the 4th online. Supposed to get it by the 19th. Haven't heard anything yet. I've heard from others that they never received notification of the ship date; it just arrived. A service rep told me last week that there are 4 distribution centers across the country. I have noticed from others who have posted that those who called VZ to order X or those who ordered from in the store get their Xs quicker

dancedroidI just got the Email confirmation. It was picked up by Fedex today in West Chester, PA.. I live in Maryland, but I won't get it until Monday, the 16th

An indirect signature is required. Anybody know if that means they will leave it at the door? I assume that Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturdays.
It's coming early. I just tracked the package. It's on the truck for delivery. Yipeeeee!

Ordered my DX on the 4th with a expected ship of the 18th it came in yesterday the 12th. Ordered at the store never recieved a shipping notice til I got the "missed ya" notice from Fedex. Glad to have it but expected better service.

Last edited:
i ordered from wirefly on the 7th and a rep told me they expected supplies in today (13th). what im wondering is if anyone here ordered from wirefly and had the same problem with not receiving order tracking fast enough? i live above a business (yes i live in small town where they do that lol) and the door here is locked so i would like to make sure i know when its coming in so i dont have to go out and get it

I went in to a Verizon store on 8/2 and ordered my X. The rep said it would come on 8/18, but it actually came on 8/11 :)

Just got this email from Verizon. I ordered the 10th, They processed my Payment on the 11th.

We apologize for the confusion regarding the order shipment dates. This order is for a the Motorola Droid X which is currently on backorder. Normally, payment is not taken until the items are shipped. In this case, in order to secure your device on the date that you ordered it, the payment processes. This is due to the backorder which is at a first come first service basis. In this case, payment is required secure your device purchase date. For the Droid X, Orders where payment was taken on 8/11 will ship by 8/26.

I placed order on the 12th

I placed my order online on the 12th. The site was saying phone would be shipped on the 30th. I find it interesting that Verizon charged prior to shipping to hold a spot. Amazon has a back order for the Kindle 3 and your credit card is not charged until you are shipped.

:)dancedroidJust got my phone. Pretty sweet. Little. Learning
curve though

It's on it's way!

for those trying to guess when their phone will ship, I ordered my X on the 6th and just received the ship notice today, the 13th. I ordered the phone and car dock package. dancedroiddancedroid

It will be so nice to relieve myself of this BB tour and all it's random battery issues. :)

I also paid for overnight shipping but since Fed Ex doesn't ship on the weekend it'll be here monday, the 16th.

2nd time today that Fed Ex has screwed me..... :icon_evil:

Is it possible to pick the phone up from Fed Ex on Saturdays?

It'd drive me crazy to know my phone is in town but I couldn't have it.

(ordered 8/5 and no shipping notification yet :icon_frown: )

Back