New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Is it possible to pick the phone up from Fed Ex on Saturdays?

It'd drive me crazy to know my phone is in town but I couldn't have it.

(ordered 8/5 and no shipping notification yet :icon_frown: )

Same boat as you.. 8/5 no shipping notification yet either.

so i ordered the 11th,( i know its not that long but im taking a rodatrip for a day on tuesday 17th) so i called to see if they had the tracking number or anything the lasy said it would ship the 26th. when should i expect to see my droid. help me please?

so i ordered the 11th,( i know its not that long but im taking a rodatrip for a day on tuesday 17th) so i called to see if they had the tracking number or anything the lasy said it would ship the 26th. when should i expect to see my droid. help me please?

The average from reading this thread is anywhere from 9-14 days from your order date.

The average from reading this thread is anywhere from 9-14 days from your order date.

so it should take 9-14 days., thank you. are you still waiting for your X?

4 different dates... get it right Verizon

I ordered my DX on the 6th. The rep said "It will come tomorrow (Saturday!?!). Stick around the house. You'll have to sign for it." Late Saturday I called VZ. They said it would be Monday instead. I called late Monday. They said "Saturday? Monday? Nope. Friday the 13th." I was dismayed, but patient. I called today and they said "Yep. Your order is on schedule and will ship the 24th of August." My jaw dropped. It went from arriving on the 7th to shipping out on the 24th. They apologized and gave me a $30 credit on my account.

Waiting until the 24th isn't a big deal, but a straight answer is always appreciated.

On a different note, this is my first post. Hi.

I am waiting for mine still yes. Verizon has no idea when it will actually come to me but they said by the 23rd. My speculation is that they are drop shipping order from Motorola meaning they are just providing the addresses to them and shipping them as they are available.

The release of this phone has been a cluster<insert bad word here>. Verizon screwed it up, but none the less it's the best network with a nice solid phone line up so we are just sheep at this point.

my rep told me mine wouldnt ship out till the 26th, but i don't know,
hopefully we get them sooner than that. most people have been getting
them early so who knows,only time will tell.

I am waiting for mine still yes. Verizon has no idea when it will actually come to me but they said by the 23rd. My speculation is that they are drop shipping order from Motorola meaning they are just providing the addresses to them and shipping them as they are available.

The release of this phone has been a cluster<insert bad word here>. Verizon screwed it up, but none the less it's the best network with a nice solid phone line up so we are just sheep at this point.

haaha yeah i know what you mean, when i was getting mine i had no idea about the wait at all. im not a patient person. but they are all stocked up on the droid 2 my aunt got one yesterday

haaha yeah i know what you mean, when i was getting mine i had no idea about the wait at all. im not a patient person. but they are all stocked up on the droid 2 my aunt got one yesterday

Personally I think that if the Droid 2 released before the Droid X the situation may be reversed where we see the shortage on the 2 instead of the X. Some people who bought the X have no idea of the capabilities and are only getting it because it's the "in" thing... gotta love trends!

Personally I think that if the Droid 2 released before the Droid X the situation may be reversed where we see the shortage on the 2 instead of the X. Some people who bought the X have no idea of the capabilities and are only getting it because it's the "in" thing... gotta love trends!

At this point I think the X has been a little over-hyped with the somewhat misleading tethering commercial and the HDMI out. That said, if I happen to find it on my doorstep when I get home, I'm going to freak and probably do a little dance. dancedroid

haha yeah, my aunt doesnt have a clue of all the capabilities on the droid 2 im teaching her :). but i think they should have made enough product to sell in stead of backordering everything.:/ but as long as i get my phone soon ill be good.

I know man, She told me itd ship before 3 pm. Everybody in my house works till at least 3 meaning ima have to drive to the fedex distribution center and get it. And w/o a tracking number i cant even sign the paper and leave it on the door, cause they don't have my email

iDrOid, did you ask them to change the email address? I'm going to dial *611 this morning as well and see if I can have them add my personal email, as the one on file is probably the office manager's.

I too ordered on 8/8, I'll update asap.

She said "you didn't provide an email adress when you bought it". They never asked. And she said she could not change it

I ordered my DX last week the 4th at 1600 and it came today. I missed the FedEx delivery by an hour and I will pick up my DX in 2 hours.

I actually got in my car and circled the shopping center; saw a Small FedEx truck and by the time the light changed he was gone, so I headed to the gas station, all while banging the steering wheel. I'm good now.

OK, here's my story if anyone's interested...(located in FL)

- 7/31: Ordered on line using NE2 discount
- 8/2: Received email - Verizon Shipment Notification
- 8/3: Received another email - Order Update (with shipping info)
- 8/3: Phone arrived. Had earpiece speaker problem (static, buzzing at higher volumes). Called CS and they said they would send me a new one right out the next day and I should have it in a couple days (was BS)
- 8/4: Called CS to inquire about replacement phone and told me none were in stock and it would be shipped by 8/19.
- 8/13: Received email - Verizon Shipment Notification
- Replacement DX should be here by 8/17

Some facts...

I believe the first phone came from Dallas/Ft. Worth. Second one is coming from Ontario, CA.

I called CS a bunch of times between 8/4 and 8/11 and each time they said there was nothing they could do and it would be 8/19.

Friend of mine from work ordered online using NE2 on 8/9 and has not received any email yet.

The 9-10 days from order someone else mentioned seems to be somewhat accurate.

I believe Verizon would rather seem like a "hero" and beat their estimated shipping date rather than give you an early date and miss it...

I ordered mine on Thursday evening August 5th online at 8pm. I am in Maryland about 45 miles south of Washington, DC. The website said when I ordered that it would be shipped by August 25th. The online tool to check the status states that it will be shipped when it is available. So even though I am anxious to have it I am doing my best to be patient. I have lived the last 39 years without out it so I guess a few more weeks will not kill me.:lol: Of course it would be nice to have it before I head to Myrtle Beach on the 20th.

I do think that there may be some truth to certain areas being higher in demand which is why many are still waiting while others are enjoying their new phones. I know that I waited a few weeks after the release because I wanted to wait and see what the reviews were. I was lucky enough to see one and tinker with it a bit and I was sold.

In a few weeks this hopefully all will be over and we will be posting away about our great new phones. I also think that possibly depending on where you live may make the deals you get, shipping options and other things different. I chose a two year upgrade as I moved my daughter's upgrade to my line for 199.00 plus tax with free overnight shipping. Maybe the people that had to pay for S&H purchased from another service provider and not Verizon directly.

In the end I am using my free time to read all I can about the phone and the aps and options so I won't feel like a cavewoman when it arrives.

I received my email from Verizon today at 4:26pm that item had been picked up from West Chester, PA facility. It is due to arrive by 4:30pm on August 16th. Of course that means almost 72 more hours of waiting but such is life. Due to arrive 9 days early then what VZ quoted when I ordered and I will have it for my trip. Best of luck to all you other folks who are still waiting. dancedroid

Back