New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

update: ordered shipped today from wirefly and should be here monday afternoon

Time has never moved so slow...

Hey guys, I actually felt compelled to create an account and post on this forum after reading some of the posts. I ordered my Droid X on Aug. 9th (kicking my Storm 2 to curb). Verizon told me it would ship on Aug. 25th... I don't think I can make it to then. I can't remember the last time I got this excited over a new toy (probably Christmas 1994). Since I have 2+ weeks of waiting I've read every article I could find on the Internet, watched every Youtube Droid X video out there, bookmarked every cool app page I could find, and ordered some accessories.. Yea I know I should probably wait to see if I actually like the phone but I just can't help it... Needless to say my wife (and my boss) is not a fan of the Droid because of all the attention it's getting and it's not even here yet.

OK, I'm not even sure the point of this post. Anyone got any other good ideas on how to kill time waiting on the DX to hit my doorstep?

update: ordered shipped today from wirefly and should be here monday afternoon
I would give it til tuesday, because I don't think Fedex picks up on Saturdays...Them just deliver on Saturday orders....

fed ex site says picked up in Crofton, MD

EDIT: if it makes any difference i chose next business day and the fed ex site itself says monday. my order was processed on friday and wirefly says ships within 24 hours of processing. if it doesnt get here by monday then i wll rage on fed ex and wirefly lol

Last edited:
I ordered my GF's DroidX Tuesday the 10th and they expected delivery to be about 1 week. Sucks, but oh well. It's gonna be worth it. =P

Hey guys, I actually felt compelled to create an account and post on this forum after reading some of the posts. I ordered my Droid X on Aug. 9th (kicking my Storm 2 to curb). Verizon told me it would ship on Aug. 25th... I don't think I can make it to then. I can't remember the last time I got this excited over a new toy (probably Christmas 1994). Since I have 2+ weeks of waiting I've read every article I could find on the Internet, watched every Youtube Droid X video out there, bookmarked every cool app page I could find, and ordered some accessories.. Yea I know I should probably wait to see if I actually like the phone but I just can't help it... Needless to say my wife (and my boss) is not a fan of the Droid because of all the attention it's getting and it's not even here yet.

OK, I'm not even sure the point of this post. Anyone got any other good ideas on how to kill time waiting on the DX to hit my doorstep?

Nope, you just have to wait. I have also done all the things you mentioned in your post, and I am 3 days ahead of you (ordered mine August 6th). I have read every forum, seen all the YouTube videos, and already received my accessories. I have the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector, silicone case, and leather holster. Now I just wait, and wait, and wait. As soon as I receive a shipping notice, this forum will be the first place I post. Can't wait much longer for my Droid X....

Oh and ROLL TIDE.... Lets make it 2 in a Row!!!!

i ordered mine on the 11th and was told a ship date of the 26th, i just want my phone already. :/

Nope, you just have to wait. I have also done all the things you mentioned in your post, and I am 3 days ahead of you (ordered mine August 6th). I have read every forum, seen all the YouTube videos, and already received my accessories. I have the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector, silicone case, and leather holster. Now I just wait, and wait, and wait. As soon as I receive a shipping notice, this forum will be the first place I post. Can't wait much longer for my Droid X....

Oh and ROLL TIDE.... Lets make it 2 in a Row!!!!

i ordered mine on the 6th also and still haven't received any kind of e-mail that it shipped. hopefully monday or tuesday!

Boy do I feel lucky. I ordered mine on the 7th and it shipped yesterday, will have it Tuesday. Sorry, had to. I've been reading everything as well.

I ordered my droid the evening of august 3rd. I finally got shipping confirmation on 8/13 at around 1 p.m..it will be delivered to my house 8/16 @ 3p.m..yay!!!

I honestly thought i'd never get a notice. I was thinking maybe they will deliver it and i won't get an e-mail confirmation. There were people who ordered at the same time as me and got their phones around 8/10-8/12. I still hadn't gotten a notice by the. So I called about 3 times. They told me that I shouldn't expect it til the 19th of this month. I told them other people who ordered it at the same time as me received theirs already. Some people who ordered after me did too. They said it shouldn't ship til the 19th, but there's a chance it'll ship earlier. Mine shipped 8/13...i'm just glad i only have to wait til the 16th and not the 19th. It's only 1 1/2-2 hrs away from my house=]

I think I'm still winning for longest wait and PAST the promised date.
Ordered 7/26 on the phone/telesales - promised date: 8/4
I emailed the rep on 8/7 and she reduced the price for me.
I waited a few more days...nothing... - sent another email - suggested that an HDMI cable would be nice... (since we're so far past the promised date) - so she is sending me a free HDMI cable.
I'm just hoping I get it before Saturday...
ANYONE HERE ORDER BEFORE 7/26 and STILL NOT HAVE IT?
Update: got the tracking number on Friday - should be here Monday morning!
So - congrats to all of you who got yours in less than THREE WEEKS!
However - I may have gotten the best deal...
Droid x: $37 (Corp discount = 169.99 - $100 (former Alltel customer upgrading to smartphone = $69 - $32 for being so late = $37))
Car Kit: 49.99
HDMI Cable: Free - for being so late
SOOOO - moral of the story - if you DO go past your due date, see what you can get in return!!!

my droid x is shipping now and is in transit. its being overnighted it seems.

My original order was on August 7, and they told my DX would ship "on or before August 25." I called on the 10th and got the same answer. Tried again today, and the CS rep told me "on or before August 20." So, it sounds like they're slowly dealing with their inventory issues.

Can't wait to get my Droid!

Back