[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the slider fix is merely a stock phone apk and contacts apk, that hasn't had the sliders edited. Just my guess....

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

The slider fix just centers the buttons when someone calls you - a minor change.

I have no problems with the lith mod at all.

The slider fix just centers the buttons when someone calls you - a minor change.

I have no problems with the lith mod at all.

The slider fix reverted my themed Key Lime phone keypad/dialer to a nonstock, plain black keypad.

Just be aware that the "fix" will mess up some other things. I reloaded my ROM to get rid of it.

I know this is a little late in the thred but I was having troubles updating my chrome to phone app. I was messing around and I figured out how to fix it.

1. Use Root Explorer to remove the apk from /system/app and the folder for it from /data/data

2. Download Chrome to phone 2.0 from here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! and copy it into /system/app (you may need to restart)

3. Go to the market and download Download Chrome to phone 2.0 and it should install!

I have tried everything b4 but copying the apk into the /system/app dir and this just happened to work. I hope this works for other ppl too.

I know this is a little late in the thred but I was having troubles updating my chrome to phone app. I was messing around and I figured out how to fix it.

1. Use Root Explorer to remove the apk from /system/app and the folder for it from /data/data

2. Download Chrome to phone 2.0 from here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! and copy it into /system/app (you may need to restart)

3. Go to the market and download Download Chrome to phone 2.0 and it should install!

I have tried everything b4 but copying the apk into the /system/app dir and this just happened to work. I hope this works for other ppl too.

I can use the way you mentioned to remove system apps, but for me, the only way I seem to ever have any luck installing most system apps was, after removing the old apk from the /system/app/ folder, and then make sure it doesn't show up in the Manage Applications section under the 'all' tab in Settings, and then open a terminal and run the following commands:

# su
# mountsys
# cat /wherever/APK_you_want.apk > /system/app/APK_you_want.apk
# unmounsys
# sync

Then reboot phone and the APK will now be installed (some apps will work without having to reboot).

To verify where the APK installed to, you can use Absolute System, and click on the remove ( - ) apps button and it will load a list of all the installed apps, and then scroll to the app you just installed and it should list it as: /system/app/APK_you_want.apk in there.

The reason I say this, is because if you did successfully install your app as a system app, then you would not be able to then go to the Market and successfully install that app over the other one, so if it did, then it may not have installed before when you used Root Explorer to copy the file over. Root Explorer does work to delete the unwanted APK's from the system app folder though.

I only offer this as an alternate thing to try in case Root Explorer doesn't work for you to install a system app. I will also note that I've been able to sometimes install certain apps as system apps using Absolute System, but they wouldn't always install to the system/app folder, as they would sometimes just install to the data/app folder.

I recently figured out that the system folder and the data folder are on separate partitions on the internal flash memory drive space, so if you are always fighting with the problem of running out of disc space with all the apps you use, then open a terminal and do the su command, and then type df and near the top of the output will show you how many percent (if it's a decent terminal client), of those partitions are being used. I was only using like around 75% of my /system/ partition after I got rid of the You Tube, Car Home, stock launcher, and a bunch of other unwanted system APK's, and so I had a bunch of room to install Launcher Pro, and a bunch of other permanent-type APK's (ones that normally never get updated much in the Market) in there to fill up that partition to 95% full. Then after that, I had a ton of free space left of my /data partition, so I didn't have to have as many apps running off the SD card, since I'm sure the SD card has slower read times than the internal flash memory. So then the other apps that I leave on the Apps2SD are just ones I don't use much anyway. And now I am only using around 85% of the space on the /data partition now, so there is always enough to install things from the Market on-the-fly now without worry

See I wasn't having space issues. The version of c2p that my rom came with was only 1.0 and when iwent to update it in the market it failed every time so I thought I would try downloading the apk and upgrading it that way with no luck. I even tried deleting the apk and data folder with the same results. So hoping it would just show up I coppied the apk to the system apps folder and restarted. It didn't show up (didn't expect it to be that easy lol) but after that I was able to install it from the market. Idk what I really done or what steps really worked but what I done worked for me so I thought it might work for somone else.:motdroidvert:

See I wasn't having space issues. The version of c2p that my rom came with was only 1.0 and when iwent to update it in the market it failed every time so I thought I would try downloading the apk and upgrading it that way with no luck. I even tried deleting the apk and data folder with the same results. So hoping it would just show up I coppied the apk to the system apps folder and restarted. It didn't show up (didn't expect it to be that easy lol) but after that I was able to install it from the market. Idk what I really done or what steps really worked but what I done worked for me so I thought it might work for somone else.:motdroidvert:

It's probably because even after you deleted it, the OS still had memory of its presence in your cache or your memory until you rebooted. You see, if you run the cat command I had in the last post of mine, and reboot, it will actually install that app to /system/apps/ and then you wont be able to install the same app from the Market over the top of that, because it is a system app. It will just say it failed when you try to install it from the Market. Also, system apps are unaware of updates available from the Market. What you did was to get the app to successfully delete as a system app so that you could now install it from the Market, and so it installed to the /data/app/ folder. If you go into Absolute System, and click on the minus button for App Management and be patient, it will load a complete list of all the installed apps on your phone, and gives the installed path of where the app is installed (2nd line from bottom of each entry), and where the data folders are (bottom line of each entry), which is an easy way to tell if something really did install wherever. So if that c2p app you put on, did actually install to /data/app/ as I'm suggesting, then you can safely delete that copy you put into the /system/app/ folder since that is just a copy not doing anything.

That's exactly what happened, so basically me copying c2p was pointless and all i had to do was restart after i uninstalled it? Sorry for all the questions but I believe that if you tell someone how to do something it gets done but if you explain the hows and why's it gets done right.

Sorry for all the questions but I believe that if you tell someone how to do something it gets done but if you explain the hows and why's it gets done right.

That sounds familiar ;)

And you're right-this has been an interesting discussion to read, I was just wondering about this myself

Last edited:
Sorry for all the questions but I believe that if you tell someone how to do something it gets done but if you explain the hows and why's it gets done right.

That sounds familiar ;)

And you're right-this has been an interesting discussion to read, I was just wondering about this myself
Srry about using ure sign but it puts of plain and simple: )

But yeah, i just got fed up with not being able to update c2p and started trying things.

That sounds familiar ;)

Srry about using ure sign but it puts of plain and simple: )

But yeah, i just got fed up with not being able to update c2p and started trying things.

No, man, not at all-it made me smile! It's a good sentiment, and I'm glad you agree. It's always nice to see people who genuinely want to get to the bottom of an issue instead of just looking for a quick fix.

Yeah, hey that's how I figured it out too. Just lots of Googling, and reading, and then of course the tinkering is what seals the deal and makes what I think is happening actually lock into my memory.

So the trick usually for me is if apps are getting constant updates or even frequent updates, then it makes sense to install them to /data/app so they can be updated from the Market easily. The system apps are the ones that stay there even after you do a data wipe/factory reset, so the idea is that all the core tools and basic apps for functionality will be there. But if you really want to get down to the realistic side, when I go through all the trouble to install apps into /system/app a lot of it is wasted because when I upgrade my ROM to some newer version, it may likely wipe all my work. I have not had to do a ROM upgrade yet since I started doing all this alternate app installation into the /system/app folder, so I guess next time Li-Mod comes out with an upgraded version, I will find how if all my changes will persist through a version upgrade. I'm sure it will likely try to add Car Home and You Tube and apps I took out, but my /system folder is already 95% full now so what will it do? Will it delete all the ones I added in there, or will it just resize the partitions to accommodate the old apps or what? I guess I'll find out when the new ROM gets released.

So you see, I'm still learning too, and I still don't even know if I'm doing it the best way to accommodate future updates. That's why I'm hoping these ROMs will just get perfected and they will quit updating for awhile so I can just leave it alone like an old school cell phone and just 'use' it instead of always changing crap on it, because it just works to suck up all my time which I don't have enough of in the first place (but it's so fun and I can't leave it alone - this is the gran paradox).

Anyone have problems w/ bluetooth not working? I have the jabra headset w/ the blue dot in the middle. It says it's connected on my phone, the headset is on, but it doesn't work. I just flashed back to bb 0.5 w/ black glass and it works w/ that so it's not the headset.

I'm using the gala theme

Anyone have problems w/ bluetooth not working? I have the jabra headset w/ the blue dot in the middle. It says it's connected on my phone, the headset is on, but it doesn't work. I just flashed back to bb 0.5 w/ black glass and it works w/ that so it's not the headset.

I'm using the gala theme

I have a Plantronics Voyager. Works fine with Lithium Mod.

samsonite801- sorry this is a little off topic but i was reading the signature at the bottom of your post that talks about the home screen lag. well i have that lag and i find it really annoying. when i type what you said to type in terminal emulator, i cant really tell, are there any spaces in between that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back