[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have problems w/ bluetooth not working? I have the jabra headset w/ the blue dot in the middle. It says it's connected on my phone, the headset is on, but it doesn't work. I just flashed back to bb 0.5 w/ black glass and it works w/ that so it's not the headset.

I'm using the gala theme

I have a Plantronics Voyager. Works fine with Lithium Mod.
i use a jabra headset daily, and bluetooth in the car also.

samsonite801- sorry this is a little off topic but i was reading the signature at the bottom of your post that talks about the home screen lag. well i have that lag and i find it really annoying. when i type what you said to type in terminal emulator, i cant really tell, are there any spaces in between that?

The only spaces are after the echo command and on both sides of the > symbol, none others.

By the way, it's been 2 full days, and it still fixed the lag! I've been hammering this thing with several apps at a time, back and forth, avoiding the home screen for as long as possible, and then finally going back to the home screen, and wahlah, it is right there! It even seems to wake up from long screen-off sessions and home is right there, nice and responsive. I used to have to tweak and tweak after each LauncherPro update to try and get it close, but this toggle by far made the biggest change. I hope it works for others too, as I know many others have been plagued by this problem just as I.

I must refer you to this post I made here: LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

...because you should read my thorough instructions. I guess certain brand phones already have a local.prop file in them and I'm not sure if this command I posted will wipe anything that was there before, or simply append to it. So in my other instructions I covered on this a bit. I suppose as a way to test it, a guy could add some other text to this file, and then run this command and see if it appends or wipes it and puts it there. I know my Droid didn't have any such file there to start with though, but if yours did, it would be a good idea to test this, or else just be safe and manually append to it using a test editor. I wish I could've covered all these details in my sig, but they only give you 500 characters to put stuff there, and I have to get this word out there and sig was quick and easy.

Last edited:
Anyone have problems w/ bluetooth not working? I have the jabra headset w/ the blue dot in the middle. It says it's connected on my phone, the headset is on, but it doesn't work. I just flashed back to bb 0.5 w/ black glass and it works w/ that so it's not the headset.

I'm using the gala theme

I have a Plantronics Voyager. Works fine with Lithium Mod.
i use a jabra headset daily, and bluetooth in the car also.

I'll be damned. Thanks!

Lithium Is pretty sweet. Have been running it for a few days now and have 0 troubles with it at all.. Expect my donation soon..

ScreenShot-3.jpg

ö

Nice but my wife would kill me :)

I would not put two set cpu's in there... could be problems and battery drain too.

I wonder when they are going to update the Lith mods... I use the watermarked one and I love it.

JRum is taking a hiatus from rom development. (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lithiummod/73192-time-break.html). i don't have any connecks or inside info, but my perception would be that LithMod may not be updated for a while. Insane and billygalbraith are working on a new Shadow rom, tho. not sure what the other members of LithMod are planning, tho. i hope they keep working on LithMod, cuz it's a suhweet rom!

Nice but my wife would kill me :)

I would not put two set cpu's in there... could be problems and battery drain too.

I wonder when they are going to update the Lith mods... I use the watermarked one and I love it.

samsonite801- sorry this is a little off topic but i was reading the signature at the bottom of your post that talks about the home screen lag. well i have that lag and i find it really annoying. when i type what you said to type in terminal emulator, i cant really tell, are there any spaces in between that?

The only spaces are after the echo command and on both sides of the > symbol, none others.

By the way, it's been 2 full days, and it still fixed the lag! I've been hammering this thing with several apps at a time, back and forth, avoiding the home screen for as long as possible, and then finally going back to the home screen, and wahlah, it is right there! It even seems to wake up from long screen-off sessions and home is right there, nice and responsive. I used to have to tweak and tweak after each LauncherPro update to try and get it close, but this toggle by far made the biggest change. I hope it works for others too, as I know many others have been plagued by this problem just as I.

I must refer you to this post I made here: LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

...because you should read my thorough instructions. I guess certain brand phones already have a local.prop file in them and I'm not sure if this command I posted will wipe anything that was there before, or simply append to it. So in my other instructions I covered on this a bit. I suppose as a way to test it, a guy could add some other text to this file, and then run this command and see if it appends or wipes it and puts it there. I know my Droid didn't have any such file there to start with though, but if yours did, it would be a good idea to test this, or else just be safe and manually append to it using a test editor. I wish I could've covered all these details in my sig, but they only give you 500 characters to put stuff there, and I have to get this word out there and sig was quick and easy.

Thanks Samsomite. I just did this today and I have noticed a vast improvement. I only had one reload of LP all day versus the dozens I'd normally have.

There are a lot more people running into this issue with the official release of 2.2 out (it seems to be a 2.2 issue since I've heard a lot of complaints from stock users). I hope people find this info and it helps them out. There's nothing more frustrating than having your launcher reload everything each time you go home. I'll make a post on my blog as well.

Absolute system not working. It ask's for superuser rights and I gave it to the app, But it will not loadup. It just blinks the screen and goes back to showing my home screen. Anyone have a clue for a fix to this or is there any other way to install custom boot animations ?

I have cleaned the cashe, restarted the phone, And even restored a backup from a time when I know the app was working but it did not help..

Thanx

ö

For the record, using 'echo whatever > filename' will always OVERWRITE whatever is in said filename In Linux command structure (which Busybox is based on), > = replace, >> = append. So doing echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop will OVERWRITE anything in /data/local.prop. Doing echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop will APPEND 'ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1' to the existing /data/local.prop file. If the file does not exist, then that command (w/ the >>s) will also create the file.

Hope that helps to understand what the command does. :)

Absolute system not working. It ask's for superuser rights and I gave it to the app, But it will not loadup. It just blinks the screen and goes back to showing my home screen. Anyone have a clue for a fix to this or is there any other way to install custom boot animations ?

2 questions: 1. Are you running Absolute System Lithmod Edition from the Market? This has been updated several times since Lithium Mod was released. 2. Are you running Lithium Mod? I know if you try to use Absolute System Lithmod Edition on another ROM, it functions exactly as you state that it is for you.

Also, there are many ways to load boot animations. adb push filename /data/local, use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip from somewhere on the SDCard to /data/local, or even copying it manually using the Terminal Emulator, or an adb shell session. You may get a better answer by Googling to find out how to install a boot animation. Good luck.

2 questions: 1. Are you running Absolute System Lithmod Edition from the Market? This has been updated several times since Lithium Mod was released. 2. Are you running Lithium Mod? I know if you try to use Absolute System Lithmod Edition on another ROM, it functions exactly as you state that it is for you.

Also, there are many ways to load boot animations. adb push filename /data/local, use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip from somewhere on the SDCard to /data/local, or even copying it manually using the Terminal Emulator, or an adb shell session. You may get a better answer by Googling to find out how to install a boot animation. Good luck.

Yes I running Lithium with strawberry, It came with absolute installed with the rom. But I have also tryed downloading and installing the one on the market listed as lithmod, with no luck. I cannot update the one that came with the mod it does not show as installed on the market. And I can't uninstall the one that came with the mod.

I will try the manual drag and drop route I guess.

ö

Yes I running Lithium with strawberry, It came with absolute installed with the rom. But I have also tryed downloading and installing the one on the market listed as lithmod, with no luck. I cannot update the one that came with the mod it does not show as installed on the market. And I can't uninstall the one that came with the mod.

I will try the manual drag and drop route I guess.

They should install side-by-side.. I manually uninstalled it using the terminal, but canvs2321 suggested that you could uninstall the one that came with the ROM using the one downloaded from the market. I've never tried them both side-by-side personally. You may want to post your issues in the Absolute System Lithmod Edition thread to see if they can assist you with this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back