Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here!

thanks for the quick reply...i've only just installed it, so maybe that's the issue...sorry if i missed that disclaimer somewhere; my eyes are burned out from scouring threads about getting the stock FB widget working. i'll sit tight and update in a few hours if there's no development. Thanks again!

No problem! The OP in this thread is pretty darn long, but I don't think I have a disclaimer about that issue. It seems as though it only happens for a small number of people. Just for giggles, you could try disabling the permissions for bloo via your pc for a little while (don't remove authorization, just uncheck the permissions, or you'll have to get a code again) and then re-enabling them.

I seem to remember that the issue had something to do with whether or not someone's profile was set to private, but MINE is and MOST of the people who I leave comments and etc. on are, so I'm not sure if that's the whole problem.

Like I said, I'm supposed to be working on testing with the dev again later today, so I'll bring up this question and see if he's got a timeline idea about making a widget since so many people are interested.

On a side note, the chat feature is really awesome! I was chatting via bloo and had the chat open on my pc, and when I'd send a message, it'd show up on my pc by the time I looked up from my phone most of the time. Also, when I'd be on a different tab in the browser and hear the facebook pop sound on my pc, I'd look down and there would be a message on my phone.

I've gone through 3 versions with him already and they're just getting INCREASINGLY better. If you're not satisfied with the chat feature when it's finally released, I'll be happy to share with you this list of bugs/issues that he knew about when we started and that I brought to his attention (he already fixed most of my complaints and has said he can fix the rest with enough time to work on it) so you can really appreciate what he's done. However, I'm pretty confident that anyone interested in having Facebook chat on their phone will be very happy with his work. I'm still just using a beta version that he's got more work to do on today, but I'm uninstalling AIM, which I was using for FB chat, but that I didn't use as much as I've already used bloo chat in the last day. :icon_ banana:

Re: Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here

thanks for the quick reply...i've only just installed it, so maybe that's the issue...sorry if i missed that disclaimer somewhere; my eyes are burned

No problem! The OP in this thread is pretty darn long, but I don't think I have a disclaimer about that issue. It seems as though it only happens for a small number of people. Just for giggles, you could try disabling the permissions for bloo via your pc for a little while (don't remove authorization, just uncheck the permissions, or you'll have to get a code again) and then re-enabling them.

I:

chat sounds awesome...can't wait! i tried disabling permission and it did actually make me reauthorize bloo with a new code! I'll just sit and try to be patient...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chat sounds awesome...can't wait! i tried disabling permission and it did actually make me reauthorize bloo with a new code! I'll just sit and try to be patient.../QUOTE]

My apologies! I didn't think that would be the case. I spoke with the dev about an hour or so ago and he wasn't feeling well (I guess he went out last night) and was going to get some more sleep, but he DID send me a facebook chat message via bloo to my bloo chat for another test to start our conversation, so I'll come back and keep you guys update/answer your issue when we're back in contact and testing his latest fixes!

UPDATES!
Speaking with Dimitris (the dev) now. Here's what I've learned:

Widget: He's got every intention of creating a widget for bloo, but his main concern right now is getting chat in working order. He's got plenty of polishing up and tweaking to do still, and then he'll release it. After releasing it, I'm sure he'll make some more adjustments based on user feedback, and he's already thinking about future updates to add more preferences, functions, and etc! Be patient, widgets will come!

"Not friends with this user" error: Unfortunately, this is a bug with the Facebook API. He's not been able to pinpoint the cause or find a workaround for it yet, but if you can stand to wait it out, it seems that the problem will eventually go away. I know that's a crappy answer, but from what he's shared with me about the API, it's pretty ridiculous how unstable it is.

The infamous 6-digit code required to login on first launch: He's working on doing away with that. His exact words when I told him about this thread were "Tell them that a new login system will arrive." However, don't expect this in the NEXT update, as I'm fairly sure that chat is the vast majority of the update. Not sure what, if anything, else he's changed with the rest of the app.

A little bit of background: The following is pulled directly from our conversation, Dimitris says: "I interviewed with facebook. It went ok...but not enough. They wanted iPhone developer...btw facebook for android is made by a Google employee not facebook at all. They have no department at all for Android." So, keep in mind that the stock app isn't getting worked on with the intensity that he's working on bloo. There may be times that the stock app handles things better than bloo, but they're not spending much time on making it any better than it is right now. Dimitris develops this app because he enjoys doing it. He also enjoys using it. I offered him a donation because I enjoy the app and he refused to accept one. This is a man who's intent on making something that he uses on a daily basis better and willing to share it with the rest of us for free.

As I believe I've said multiple times in this thread, keep in mind that bloo is still in beta form! AND, it's still under development. AND, the dev works MANY long hours at his day job, and then comes home and spends time coding to improve bloo. With that in mind, progress my reach a point of lull for a while, but at least he actually cares about improving the Android Facebook experience!

Hope that answers some of the questions that any of you may have! Now, I'm going back to beta-testing chat. :D

Last edited:
I have had bloo installed for a few days now and still get the "There are no posts in this feed or your are not friends with that person, please try again later." anytime I click on my wall or even people. :( It's very frustrating. I checked permissions in FB and will try to undo and redo them :/

Re: Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here

there is an updated post on the developer's site with a link to a permissiom setting that fixes this error.

:icon_eek: How the hell did I miss this thread!?!

I hate the stock FB app on the Droid and I usually just go to FB through my Xscope browser.

I'm going to give Bloo a shot during my lunch break.

Update: chat is coming along nicely! every update he gives me is better!

He's hoping to release the update Sunday evening/night as long as we dont discover any new issues.

Stay tuned!

Well I loaded this up and it looks great, loads all my friends lists, but I can't even look at my page! Says I'm not friends with even me. I have not been able to look at one persons page, but the app looks great.. Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall it. No probs getting the code and with the code it logs you in right away. I hope I can get it to work cause it looks so good and is fast!

Double check your permissions (I explained how a few posts up), then give it some time. Seems like it randomly takes fb a while to recognize that you should have access to those things through bloo for some users. The app is still in beta, so it's not perfect but it's definitely better than the stock app when fb allows it to work properly.

Thanks Jonny! I'll reload it and use it for a few days and hopefully it'll smooth out.

Just wondering, how do you like a comment made by others? I can't seem to do it.

Just wondering, how do you like a comment made by others? I can't seem to do it.

You can't like a comment that someone leaves on someone else's status or picture or other post, but if you're in the feed and want to comment on or like someone's status update/etc, simply long-press on it and select from the options.

Back