Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

Anyone following @MotoDroid on Twitter may have just received this tweet:

"Sun, rain or snow today? What is the latest from Haiti? You will have the answer to these questions and more after today : )"

Could this be a possible hint at an update coming?

Yep, sounds like a direct hint that we will have the 2.1 News and Weather widget/app on our Droids "after today".

But in reality that is a fact anyway, no matter if we get it tomorrow, next week or next year, it will still be "after today" :)

It looks like they are just promoting an article about news and weather apps that is coming to their blog. Nothing more.

If you go to the site that seems to be behind that account (androidanarchy.com) they have an article that is promoting the same thing.

Keep Up With The World

Is there any way to tell if our phone's already been updated?

I know this sounds stupid, but I would have sworn that I woke up the other day and found the update message, but I was so groggy that I forgot about it until later, and I may have just been half-asleep and dreaming. :)

Anyone following @MotoDroid on Twitter may have just received this tweet:

"Sun, rain or snow today? What is the latest from Haiti? You will have the answer to these questions and more after today : )"

Could this be a possible hint at an update coming?

It could be that it's the 21st. The hard rumor was the 22nd. Nothing is confirmed yet,,,but i'll link that and see where it leads me

Is there any way to tell if our phone's already been updated?

I know this sounds stupid, but I would have sworn that I woke up the other day and found the update message, but I was so groggy that I forgot about it until later, and I may have just been half-asleep and dreaming. :)

Yes there is, start you computer log into this forum and do a search, then you will know if your phone has been updated.

Did anyone read this?
DROID - Android 2.0.1

How can I get the latest Android 2.0.1 software?

The Droid by Motorola software version AP:ESD56/BP:C_01.3E.01P update includes numerous improvements:.....

My Build Number is: ESD56 and my Baseband version is: C_01.3E.01P

But i havent updated since the December OTA update. Maybe the Update is to make sure everyone has the latest version before the update on the 22nd?

That changelog he posted is from the last update (2.0.1) that we got in December.

Mine is the same as well. I never received a OTA update either.

Well I posted before and I'll post it again.

I was unable to install the Facebook update app in the Market since I bough my phone in December (had 2.0.1 preloaded). After receiving my OTA update for 2.0.1, I was able to finally install it. My guess some people had a crappy flash or something of the 2.0.1 and the OTA fixed little things that were messed up. It was probably a full 2.0.1 install and when you flash that on top of your current version, it changes only what is necessary (redid the possible messed up parts of the OS).

Well I posted before and I'll post it again.

I was unable to install the Facebook update app in the Market since I bough my phone in December (had 2.0.1 preloaded). After receiving my OTA update for 2.0.1, I was able to finally install it. My guess some people had a crappy flash or something of the 2.0.1 and the OTA fixed little things that were messed up. It was probably a full 2.0.1 install and when you flash that on top of your current version, it changes only what is necessary (redid the possible messed up parts of the OS).

Sounds possible to me...

Originally Posted by dpw2atox
Speeding Wheels, on a side note the new update.zip does NOT include facebook 1.1.2, it simply lets those who were unable to upgrade to the new version previously do so now.

Check out the above comment

find the thread here

Back