Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

For those of us that manually upgraded to 2.0.1, will there be any issues with either the maintenance update, or the OTA update to 2.1?????

Whatever that answer may be, you could always manually install 2.1 when it is released.

For those of us that manually upgraded to 2.0.1, will there be any issues with either the maintenance update, or the OTA update to 2.1?????

Still haven't gotten this....I was looking forward to 2.1 on the 22nd but its looking like no. :(

Nope, there will be no issues.

The checker sees you have an older software version and will have your phone download the new update.

The checker sees you have an older software version and will have your phone download the new update.
+1. You didn't root the phone, there is nothing to worry about.

Unles you are on a custom ROM or have blocked your OTA updates,,,Then there will be an issue. Some customer ROM's do block your OTA updates

Unles you are on a custom ROM or have blocked your OTA updates,,,Then there will be an issue. Some customer ROM's do block your OTA updates

Miami, I have seen a few posts that talk about having OTA updated "enabled", and now you mention blocked. I have found no such settings anywhere on the phone. What are you and others referring to when you state this?

Miami, I have seen a few posts that talk about having OTA updated "enabled", and now you mention blocked. I have found no such settings anywhere on the phone. What are you and others referring to when you state this?

i believe he means blocked via a custom rom. i dont think it would be wise for moto or google for that matter to allow the consumer to be able to block updates.

i believe he means blocked via a custom rom. i dont think it would be wise for moto or google for that matter to allow the consumer to be able to block updates.

My concern is that I didn't get any notification the first time around (installed manual file from link on here), I have yet to see anything for this Maintenance release (I know others haven't either). The leaked Verizon technical document that was prior to the first update does mention that there could be issues with people that migrated from a "BREW" phone.... I don't know if that refers to something within Verizon's network settings, a setting I can change within my account, or a phone setting (which I have searched for and cannot find anything).

there is nothing to worry about.
I heard Custer told his men that right before the charge into the indian villiage....:icon_eek:

Ok, just kidding, I couldn't resist that, the waiting is making my brain warp.....:icon_ banana:

Back