Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

If it is the use on the phones network that would be the problem could they simply not just block the use of flash while on 3G and allow when connected with wifi. Im not really sure about this but does wireless tethering not raise the same concerns?

I was just saying that VZW has no say over the Milestone. So that means that Adobe could make flash for the Milestone and then we would be able to port that over. I was simply showing that VZW isn't even in the equation.

Obviously that doesn't help the masses and if what you say is true, then the Droid would never have flash out-of-the-box. What I am saying is that VZW is not holding up flash being release on Android devices. VZW may well be holding up flash on VZW devices - but that's simply par for the course with VZW and I don't even care why they do the things they do anymore. ;)

Oh, I see, I didn't quite get that the first time around.

In that case, I concede the point. Although European networks may have similar concerns (no idea really).

But the best evidence that I'm completely wrong is, I just came across Adobe's Youtube video from just three weeks ago of them testing Flash on the Droid (and another video of it on the Nexus 1). A big part of my argument was that there was no apparent action in months. So, yay I'm probably wrong!

They did mumble something about video quality, and they didn't demo anything full-screen, so maybe these are sticking points.

tom

Hey guys, I didn't get the maintenance update yet. Any idea on when it's coming out?

Hey guys, I didn't get the maintenance update yet. Any idea on when it's coming out?

If you didn't get it yet, your input ports must be clogged or something,,,,

Put some really good dishwashing detergent in your kitchen sink, run some really hot water in there,,,,,,, get a good strong scrub brush,,, Soak your phone for ohhh say about an hour or so,,, scrub the edges really good with the scrub brush so the ports are opened,,, then while holding the phone under water, push the phone icon and yell down into the sink,,, I WANT MY 2.1 UPDATE, do all while drinking a glass of yak butter and dancing around the fire chanting "come in update, come in update"

You can Thank me in the morning, my invoice for payment is in the mail... :icon_ banana:

There is no way that Verizon has any say or significant influence in whether or not Adobe releases flash for the Android OS.

For normal apps, this is largely true. But normal apps are written in Java (which is slow), and depend on the operating system's compiled libraries (which are fast) to make everything work.

But to bring Flash to Android, it won't really cut it as a Java App. They'll need additional library support added to the operating system to get the speed they need from Flash.

Verizon controls the final versions of Android that get installed, and so they have complete control over whether or not the Droid has the internal support that Flash will need.

tom
The Droid definitely hs the intrernal support flash needs, they published a video of a guy with flash on the Droid. So flash is easily capable. Now its time to send it to phones, but the are being stupid and making us wait. I swear if the eris gets 2.1 and flash before me I'll scream.

There is no way that Verizon has any say or significant influence in whether or not Adobe releases flash for the Android OS.

For normal apps, this is largely true. But normal apps are written in Java (which is slow), and depend on the operating system's compiled libraries (which are fast) to make everything work.

But to bring Flash to Android, it won't really cut it as a Java App. They'll need additional library support added to the operating system to get the speed they need from Flash.

Verizon controls the final versions of Android that get installed, and so they have complete control over whether or not the Droid has the internal support that Flash will need.

tom
The Droid definitely hs the intrernal support flash needs, they published a video of a guy with flash on the Droid. So flash is easily capable. Now its time to send it to phones, but the are being stupid and making us wait. I swear if the eris gets 2.1 and flash before me I'll scream.

the droid in the video that guy was using probably had the library that flash needs to have installed on the phone already, the droid obviously does not have the internal ability to utilize flash. that's why it has been such a big deal to finally get it...

I see all the hoopla about some pre update to be now, ain't nuttin out there, my phone says all up to date, and the Operating sys. reporting ESD56, and the new listing on phone should be ESD59

I see all the hoopla about some pre update to be now, ain't nuttin out there, my phone says all up to date, and the Operating sys. reporting ESD56, and the new listing on phone should be ESD59
Nah, anyone stock is ESD56.

Humpa, sorry for the confussion...I meant my phone....is ESD56, and I read on here,, maybe OP said the new system reported as being ESD59, oh well it's said to be a prelude to 2.1 I don't want to root my phone just yet, I know the 2.1 offered up won't be all that compared to the custom ROM's but will be patient and takea look and go from there.

Humpa, sorry for the confussion...I meant my phone....is ESD56, and I read on here,, maybe OP said the new system reported as being ESD59, oh well it's said to be a prelude to 2.1 I don't want to root my phone just yet, I know the 2.1 offered up won't be all that compared to the custom ROM's but will be patient and takea look and go from there.
I know what you meant. ;)
And what I meant is that there was no ESD59 update. No one got an OTA that updated their Droid to ESD59. No one. Period.

What happened was just like when you whisper something in someone's ear, and then they whisper it in the next person's ear, and it goes around the room. What you get at the end is totally different from what the first person said. That's what happened with this ESD59 OTA misinformation.

Thanks Humpa,,,, sorry for the rant.... just hoping that the 2.1 comes soon, sounds??????? like a nice upgrade... but I guess we all need to just HIDE and Watch for it.... again sorry!!

how about nobody posts here again until they actually receive the 2.1 update. forget speculation, there isnt anything until it really happens.

how about nobody posts here again until they actually receive the 2.1 update. forget speculation, there isnt anything until it really happens.
If you are waiting for 2.1, I wouldn't put all my cards on this thread. ;)
Just unsubscribe from this thread - it is about as useless as a pre-release thread. Now I sort of like these types of threads - they amuse me. :D

Back