Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

I honestly just seen that post just now. Wow, that was waste of my time. I am seriously just tired of waiting for 2.1. I want it come already.

I still haven't received the update, any word of how long I have to wait to get it?

moon.jpg

No way, that's great!... WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

I still haven't received the update, any word of how long I have to wait to get it?

They Have decided not to release this until the new DroidUltra is released:icon_ banana:
WHAT?!?!?!?!? Why would they do that? Why can't we have it before then? They basically set a false release date, and then go back on it. Its one month before the Eris with 2.1. AND THATS FREE. If there getting it a month after for free like what the heck motorola... im furious!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!? Why would they do that? Why can't we have it before then? They basically set a false release date, and then go back on it. Its one month before the Eris with 2.1. AND THATS FREE. If there getting it a month after for free like what the heck motorola... im furious!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure if you are joking or you are serious.
But if you are serious, you have been misinformed. There was never a release date for 2.1 on the Droid.

And Adobe is supposed to be releasing flash support as well (this isn't related to the 2.1 OS, but it is due out soon too).

I'm not expecting to see this flash player released. Ever.

Come one, folks, lets do the math:

1. Adobe download used to say it isn't available YET, and now it just says it's not available.
  2. They had Flash Player running on the Eris like last summer.
  3. Technical issues wouldn't cause this holdup (Adobe releases new flash player versions faster than a baby changes diapers).
  4. It would be a huge bandwidth hog. HUGE.
  5. AT&T has really been burned on the iPhone bandwidth issues, to the point of discouraging people from buying iPhones, and Verizon doesn't want to come off that way.

When you add all those up, IMHO, Verizon has privately killed Flash Player because of bandwidth concerns. But they're never going to announce it, just leave us all hanging and hoping indefinitely, so they don't come off as the bad guy.

tom

And Adobe is supposed to be releasing flash support as well (this isn't related to the 2.1 OS, but it is due out soon too).

1. Adobe download used to say it isn't available YET, and now it just says it's not available.
  3. Technical issues wouldn't cause this holdup (Adobe releases new flash player versions faster than a baby changes diapers).
  5. AT&T has really been burned on the iPhone bandwidth issues, to the point of discouraging people from buying iPhones, and Verizon doesn't want to come off that way.

When you add all those up, IMHO, Verizon has privately killed Flash Player because of bandwidth concerns. But they're never going to announce it, just leave us all hanging and hoping indefinitely, so they don't come off as the bad guy.

tom
Really now? I'm pretty sure that the guys over at adobe have said that flash will be coming to our phone in the near future and that there has been an actual demo on an android phone. Check another thread. I don't know where your philosophy is coming from.

tom
Really now? I'm pretty sure that the guys over at adobe have said that flash will be coming to our phone in the near future and that there has been an actual demo on an android phone. Check another thread. I don't know where your philosophy is coming from.

Crusher.....
The iPhone doesn't have Flash because Apple doesn't want it to. We will have flash, but it is my understanding that it may only be available for 2.1 and above. The original message on Adobe's site stated 2.0 and above, but I think that was not what they intended (therefore the change in the message).

I'm not sure if you are joking or you are serious.
But if you are serious, you have been misinformed. There was never a release date for 2.1 on the Droid.

What I'm trying to say is why aren't they giving us a release date.that'd the least they can do

Yes, the facts you just pointed out were in fact two of the reasons I listed (and which you obviously didn't read) about why I believe the project has been dropped. To put it all differently, Adobe wouldn't take this long to release something that looked pretty good seven months ago.

tom

TheCrusher;177871 Yes said:
Why would adobe drop the only real chance they have to push flash to a mobile platform? Especially since it seems that apple may not cooperate. Yes it might be on verizons' end but still that is quite a dumb move for them to make considering the step it would be over at&t and the Iphone. Dont you think?

Back