New ICS leak 6.7.235

SamuriHL said:
Yup. I couldn't agree more. And it's also why I use the method I do for upgrades. I learned how to do it on the Xoom. I had run that install from January to the beginning of this month before doing a factory reset on it. That's almost 80 builds I went through upgrades on. As long as you know what you're doing you can keep data and not f things up. But it's an artform not a science. :)

Plus be aware residual files in the data partition can cause problems to so keep in mind if even after an update data can pose a problem but do it as a last resort

Plus be aware residual files in the data partition can cause problems to so keep in mind if even after an update data can pose a problem but do it as a last resort

Yes, absolutely. Worse case, factory reset, restore the apps I know will be ok, reinstall the rest, and setup system again.

Lol I can't wait to do it an then create my hybrid fxz GB with web top 3.0 sounds like it will fun to play with xD

wait.. are you saying that you would then be able to run webtop 3.0 on GB? and if that is what you are saying.. would you be able to do it the other way around also.. webtop 2.0 on ICS? that would be freakin awesome!! unless i completely misunderstood you..

Got to remember its a patch to a new os an after every reboot it does a system check/clean so u pretty much have to break the update in that's why u should never report bugs until after u have wiped an rebooted at least 3 times or do a FDR to get rid of residual files left after the update

True that is. Most every custom rom flash of all the phones ive done this is normally the case. Also it is considered best to let a new kernel settle in for a few minutes just after flashing. Upon first boot your os is making adjustments just like a MS Windows OS it require reboots for changes to take effect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

dluke said:
wait.. are you saying that you would then be able to run webtop 3.0 on GB? and if that is what you are saying.. would you be able to do it the other way around also.. webtop 2.0 on ICS? that would be freakin awesome!! unless i completely misunderstood you..

I can do that if that's what u want idk why u want 2.0 but everyone has there preference

I can do that if that's what u want idk why u want 2.0 but everyone has there preference

There is a few people that believe 3.0 has ruined the entire webtop experience they and have went back to GB for that sole reason. Why? I don't know either. I personally love the new webtop.

hell ya.. that would be sooo awesome!! cause 3.0 makes my lapdock utterly useless.. why would i want a non-touchscreen tablet that i have to use a mouse and keyboard to navigate.. and its obvious that its not what the lapdock was designed for, the right click on the mouse doesnt even have any function whatsoever.. and so i would like to have 2.0 back so i can do the webuntu mod have a full functioning ubuntu desktop on my lapdock.. anyways.. ill talk to you more about whenever we get an ics fxz.. thanks man!

There is a few people that believe 3.0 has ruined the entire webtop experience they and have went back to GB for that sole reason. Why? I don't know either. I personally love the new webtop.

ya i love the new webtop when just plugging into an HDTV through HDMI.. but for my lapdock (which i actually paid for) to me it makes it useless.

dluke said:
ya i love the new webtop when just plugging into an HDTV through HDMI.. but for my lapdock (which i actually paid for) to me it makes it useless.

Im awaiting the OTA to examine this myself! (I refuse to do any leaks anymore... job and family leaves little time for messing around with my phone :(... )

So i have a question regarding something that is ultimately unimportant but which I'm still curious about. I use the favorite contacts widget. In GB, there is an animation when you touch and swipe down. In 232 this animation is not there. My question is, what happens in 235? Like i said, it's unimportant but i believe that an OTA candidate would have this animation.

Can anyone running 235 please confirm?

Last edited:
jason1175 said:
So i have a question regarding something that is ultimately unimportant but which I'm still curious about. I use the favorite contacts widget. In GB, there is an animation when you touch and swipe down. In 232 this animation is not there. My question is, what happens in 235? Like i said, it's unimportant but i believe that an OTA candidate would have this animation.

Can anyone running 235 please confirm?

I miss that animation as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I miss that animation as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Its there in 232 as well;listed as favorite contacts in the widgets section

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
So, just to be clear:
235+ will have the v4 security, and every new FXZ will have this and this is why we can't go back. There wont be an FXZ out there that has GB+v4 security, so thus unless someone is able to break down an FXZ, we wont be able to go back. Right?
Question: is it possible to break down an FXZ with v4 and insert a part that could write v3?
Also, from what I understand about the ICS webtop is that it is integrated into the regular OS itself, of course I know that it still uses a separate directory, but would it be possible to split them up for those who want to use webtop 2.0? I would think it would be impossible to make a GB rom use webtop 3.0 tho.
Just curious, want to get straight answers from ones who know for those who might want to know, try to keep the speculation down.

Driod Bionic ICED 232

So, just to be clear:
235+ will have the v4 security, and every new FXZ will have this and this is why we can't go back. There wont be an FXZ out there that has GB+v4 security, so thus unless someone is able to break down an FXZ, we wont be able to go back. Right?
Question: is it possible to break down an FXZ with v4 and insert a part that could write v3?
Also, from what I understand about the ICS webtop is that it is integrated into the regular OS itself, of course I know that it still uses a separate directory, but would it be possible to split them up for those who want to use webtop 2.0? I would think it would be impossible to make a GB rom use webtop 3.0 tho.
Just curious, want to get straight answers from ones who know for those who might want to know, try to keep the speculation down.

Driod Bionic ICED 232

Sargentmajord says he can create a modified fxz to allow us to flash gb once the ics fxz is released. I want to learn how myself on that one as that's quite neat. Second webtop is a partition that gets flashed so it can be flashed independent of system or preinstall.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Back