New ICS leak 6.7.235

SamuriHL said:
ROFLMAO! Wait til you see what I have up my sleeve for House of Bionic. ;) Assuming it works the way I want, that is. I need someone brave enough to completely screw up their phone to test a theory. If the theory works, House of Bionic will become safer and easier than ever to use. :)

Lmao pm me the link I'll test it with my fxzs u can't screw up my phone an plus I'll look it over for u to to see if it will work

Lmao pm me the link I'll test it with my fxzs u can't screw up my phone an plus I'll look it over for u to to see if it will work

I'll PM you in a bit. Work is calling at the moment. :D But if you're up for it, you'll understand what I'm looking for as a result, as well. It's a theory John and I came up with last night.

marleyinoc said:
No one answered the post from a bit ago and I wanna know too: how do I get a Samuri? :)

I'm using battery saver task for smart actions today and through weekend (testing time settings on weekend) and will report back if anyone is interested.

So far the data off/on isn't a pain-- data returns and notifications come in pretty quick. I kinda hate the beeps throughout day anyway. It may turn into a real zen thing for me.

,,,..... Bionic ICS 6.7.232 stock w/ root

Samurai is on of our great mods and super knowledgeable with android and of course the bionic.

Samurai is on of our great mods and super knowledgeable with android and of course the bionic.

I wouldn't go that far. :) I am good with scripting and was able to put some automation together. The real greats are the ones who gave us the methods I script like timmy10shoes, CellZealot, DHacker, Dan R, Mattigoff, obviously P3Droid, and many others who I am forgetting but always respect.

You guys are all great. Im just glad that i dont have to worry about bricking my phone as long as i follow the steps

I'd ask first if you know the risks involved with 235 before jumping in. To get back on the OTA path from 235 if it's not the OTA build is not trivial and certainly not as easy as FXZ'ing back to 905. 232 is the last version that allows that. 235 has a new security model that basically means you can't downgrade below 235. A method exists for going to a new build from 235 but if you screw up and brick you could potentially be stuck. Now that you know what's involved and what the risks are, if you still want to do it, look for my House of Bionic thread:

Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

I heard that if you go to 235,you'll be stuck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Yes you are stuck if you want to go back to GB or if you screw up your phone there is no way to fix it. There is a way to go forward for future leaks or if the official OTA comes out.

Since 235 is pretty solid and even an improvement over 232, and because it seems like it could be an ota, i wouldnt mind being stuck with it forever..

Ok now, in your thread, what do you mean by unzip the file? How do i do this and with what program? I didnt have to unzip anything when i went to 232 from 905. And when you said create a directory, did you just mean make a folder?

This is going to sound extremely rude and condescending but it's not meant to be so don't take it like that.... However, if you're not sure how to create a new folder and unzip some files from a zip file into it, I would caution you that this might not be the best procedure to follow. All I mean is that there has to be some expectation of at least some level of technical skill on the user's part. The house of Bionic script was written as a convenience for people moving through the Leaks. At no point was it designed was it designed as a "one click" solution for those that don't know what's going on under the covers. Again not trying to be rude but when modifying a locked phone you really should take the time to learn what the script is doing. If something goes wrong, which is definitely possible even with that script, you'll need to know what to do to fix it. At least with 232 or lower you can fire up rsd lite, open up the full 905 FXZ, and return to a factory reset state. No such luxury exists for 235 today so if you make a mistake or the script doesn't run correctly, it could be a very painful road forward. Take it from me... I brick mine last night 20 minutes before going to the movies because I was trying to write a new script to make it even easier and safer for people. It took some real ingenuity and script writing to unbrick myself. So I would think long and hard before you jump down this road.

That all being said, if you want to do this still...

O) download and install 7zip...Google it
O) download the fxz 905 zip file.
O) download the house of Bionic zip file
O) download the 235 updates zip file.
O) create a folder on your desktop called SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic
O) open the 905 FXZ zip file with 7zip
O) click into the folder in the zip so you can see a bunch of files
O) select all with control-a
O) then select extract and navigate to the desktop, SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic folder
O) when the files are extracted close the 905 FXZ and open the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic zip file in 7zip
O) control-a to select all files, extract to the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic folder
O) copy the 235 updates zip (do NOT extract it) to the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic \updates folder
O) ensure the latest motorola drivers are installed from the link in my thread
O) connect the phone to a USB port, enable usb debugging, and select the MTP mode
O) run the RUNME.bat file in the SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic folder.
O) select the following options: 1 2 3 5. Do not use option 4. 6 is optional if you want root

Not to be a jerk but if you can't follow that, I really can't help you. Good luck.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

It had to be said samurai

I know. I feel bad though. I want to try to help people when I can but I get the feeling that risks aren't taken seriously and if the person taking the risks doesn't have the technical background to even know the consequences of such risks, it worries me. 235 is fine for people that understand what "you CAN NOT go back to GB" truly means. The people who think "oh, who cares, I only want to be on ICS anyway" are completely missing the point. The point being that updates only flash to 905. And if you can't get yourself to a state where the update is satisfied with how much "905" is on your phone, well, you're screwed. It's all nice and well to say "I don't care if I'm stuck on 235...it's better than what I'm on" right up until the point where a new leak comes out that's "better than 235". So now did all the people who jumped take the time to understand the process of how to move to the next leak? Cause it involves creating a new boot.img file and flashing certain things that will soft brick your phone until you successfully apply the next leak. Does that sound 100% safe? For the most part if you know what you're doing and follow instructions, you'll probably be fine. But if you don't, and end up bricked, well, that sucks but you could be without a phone until a new ICS FXZ comes out. Those saying that the risks to 235 are overstated don't have the average user in mind when they say that. I do...

I am so tempted to goto 235 using your new House of Samuri. Getting hard to hold back, but I want to be part of Soak like I have been in the past. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:...... Decisions Decisions....

Yup. 235 will definitely disqualify you from that! :D I signed up to be in the next soak test, as well, but, I haven't heard anything and decided to make the jump to force myself to help others who've installed 235. Hence why I put a little bit of automation around creating the boot.img files. That way those that know how can quickly create them and post them for others to use on newer leaks. Assuming, of course, we get a new leak. 235 could be it. We really have no way of knowing just yet.

Yeah.. At least I know that being on 232 I have options. Now if Jelly Bean leak came out (I know dreaming... :blink:) I would forget soak testing :)

ROFLMAO! I have Team EOS JB on my Xoom. Dripping with butta. :D It really is smooth. However, I also think that moto is being smart. People may get all up in arms about the new security that forces everyone to stay on ICS, but, there are benefits once the OTA is out. They worked really hard to unify all the ICS builds across the different phones...d4/razr/bionic. So when they do decide to roll JB out, the releases should be much closer together as they only have to compile it for each different device with changes in the kernel for each piece of hardware. That should speed things up quite a bit. Of course we still have VZW to deal with, and they're not known for being....quick. But at least Moto is trying. I give them such a hard time for the locked bootloaders, so, props when props are due. They did this one right.

Back