Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

hey drod would the new leak 2.2.1 after install. would this theme work with it since its a similar build?

hey drod would the new leak 2.2.1 after install. would this theme work with it since its a similar build?

this rom will work with 2.3.320, but media will break for now.

the rom already has 2.2.1 in it, but not moto and verizon's added 2.3.320 stuff

ICBM, but I think if you just do a "regular" factory reset from the recovery screen (hold down the home button when booting), you'll be able to get into the OS.

Otherwise, you could try to pull the battery for 5 minutes, then boot - it might boot into the Bootstrap Recovery screen.

Worst case, I hope you have a backup and a .sbf file.

I did the data and cache wipe and got into the phone. So far this rom is sweet.

Great! Glad you're up and running! I suspected that would do the trick for you! dancedroid

Thanks for the quick replay bro.

this rom will work with 2.3.320, but media will break for now.

the rom already has 2.2.1 in it, but not moto and verizon's added 2.3.320 stuff

ok well ill just stick with this for now. plus you mention something uber sometime soon so hey im happy with your rom. thx for the quick reply.

Hmm, I think it might be because I'm still running andriod 2.2 (ver 2.3.15)??

If I choose to boot in recovery mode with in ROM manager it will reboot normally. I tried to manually boot into recovery mode but the .zip file was not visable.

Hi,

I tried to install as per the instructions on the first page. I copied the zip file to the root of the SD card. Then using ROM manager 2.5.0.7 I selected "install ROM from SD card" option, choose the zip file and then it asks me to back up and clear data. I check wipe data and then the phone prompts for a reboot. Upon reboot it looks like the package starts to extract, then a exclamation mark shows and then reboots the phone back to root state it seems.

For the root part i followed step 2 option A part with the rageagainstthecage file. Seems to have worked, as I was able to use the wireless tether.

Any suggestions?

Install: Better off installing via recovery, than ROM Manager. Following the steps in the first post should get things installed correctly.

Edit: Hmm, this could also be due to a bad download... If you have any problems with the install by following the directions, and doing it via the menu in recovery... then the first thing I'd try is to redownload the .zip, and try again...

thanks...this new theme for focused is nice tho so far =). Dark Berry =)

TBH has released the upgraded bootloader in their new rom... Will rubix follow suit and update the older bootloader with the new bootloader, which will invalidate the 2.1 sbf file?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Alright, now I do have a quick question... I was previously using tranQ and my speed dial was working, but it seems that with rubix I don't have any speed dial capabilities. Is that a blur option or something? Or did I just miss a setting somewhere? Sorry, still new at this. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Good question!
The speed dial is actually there in the framework... (you can see this by holding down the 1 button, as it's probably still configured by default to dial voicemail).
But, the AOSP dialer (phone.apk) doesn't have the option to configure it.

Thanks for the response! Since you say it is only the dialer app itself that doesn't have options to configure it, I've downloaded a couple dialers from the app market (I had figured a dialer wasn't something someone could mess with much) and I already like 'em better. Thanks for the help

Installed it had horrible battery life the first day, since then it's been fine. I also lost all my photos, which is total bull****.

so i dont know why...but atm my droidx is now loving this ROM! It is blazing fast and the battery life is back to what I remember. Who know why computers do what they do. But, I'm glad my phone has finally taken a liking to the new focused!! dancedroiddancedroid

TBH has released the upgraded bootloader in their new rom... Will rubix follow suit and update the older bootloader with the new bootloader, which will invalidate the 2.1 sbf file?

The TBH release is a modified leak, which upgrades the boot loader, etc.
rubiX Blurry and Focused are ROMs that just modify code in /system, to change how everything runs.

I'm confident that Focused framework will remain as is for the official released version of the bootloader/etc. It's not going to incorporate the leak stuff into it. It **might** work on the leaked version.. no clue. Honestly, the leak they're putting out still has issues (media, and ??)... I'd stay away. Hell, I'd stay away even after Moto releases whatever version the OTA is going to be. :S
IF you go to the TBH leak, it's possible you won't be able to get the OTA. If the OTA is set up to upgrade specifically from 2.3.15, then anyone who upgraded could be stuck on the leak version, until a .sbf for the newer version is leaked again...

Just know there are issues... and that Focused is the way it is for a reason.. drod isn't going to put anyone at risk..

Alright, now I do have a quick question... I was previously using tranQ and my speed dial was working, but it seems that with rubix I don't have any speed dial capabilities. Is that a blur option or something? Or did I just miss a setting somewhere? Sorry, still new at this. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Good question!
The speed dial is actually there in the framework... (you can see this by holding down the 1 button, as it's probably still configured by default to dial voicemail).
But, the AOSP dialer (phone.apk) doesn't have the option to configure it.

Thanks for the response! Since you say it is only the dialer app itself that doesn't have options to configure it, I've downloaded a couple dialers from the app market (I had figured a dialer wasn't something someone could mess with much) and I already like 'em better. Thanks for the help

Good stuff. There are several available.. I think two that I've seen recommended are DialerOne, and aContacts.
But know that they're just front-ends to the existing dialer.. as in, they take the info, and hand it off to the system dialer (the AOSP one in the ROM)...
One complaint, is that when in Car Dock mode, once a call is placed, the stock dialer comes back (etc.)...

So.. there are limitations.. but if it gets you what you need.. then that's awesome! They are a great workaround to those issues at least! :)

The TBH release is a modified leak, which upgrades the boot loader, etc.
rubiX Blurry and Focused are ROMs that just modify code in /system, to change how everything runs.

I'm confident that Focused framework will remain as is for the official released version of the bootloader/etc. It's not going to incorporate the leak stuff into it. It **might** work on the leaked version.. no clue. Honestly, the leak they're putting out still has issues (media, and ??)... I'd stay away. Hell, I'd stay away even after Moto releases whatever version the OTA is going to be. :S
IF you go to the TBH leak, it's possible you won't be able to get the OTA. If the OTA is set up to upgrade specifically from 2.3.15, then anyone who upgraded could be stuck on the leak version, until a .sbf for the newer version is leaked again...

Just know there are issues... and that Focused is the way it is for a reason.. drod isn't going to put anyone at risk..

agree what if verizon skip that up date and runs with another then your stuck and I ran droid2169 new blurry2.3.230 on 2.3.15 by mistake I thought he tweek the 2.3.15 and it work but it killed 3g and had to flash back focused i have both roms blurry and focused backup so I can run which one I am in the mood for.

Back