rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

Yep, stick with the non-leak.

You only want the leak if you installed the TBH 2.3.320 leak, OR, you install JRummy's ROM, the version that updated you to the leaked bootloader, OR, you have updated to 2.3.340 from Verizon OTA.
Anything else, you want the NON-leak version.

sephtin...I SBF'd back to 2.3.15, then downloaded the .340 OTA update (I believe it was from MDW) then loaded Rubix 1.9.0 for the leak. I checked my bootloader and it says 30.04, but my System Version says 2.3.15.MB810 and my Kernal version is 2.6.32.9-g55626e1.

Is that correct? Am I still on the .340 OTA? Shouldn't it say something to that affect?

You are fine. The only thing that I know of in the "About Phone" screen that it actually uses the version info from the phone.... is the kernel version. The rest are from a text file that drod put into Focused (Go look at /system/build.prop).
The build.prop that is in Focused 1.9.0 (BOTH VERSIONS) is the same. He used the one from the non-leak version in the leak version... so it says 2.3.15.
I updated it in my patch for 2.3.340, thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

Your kernel is absolutely the correct version for the 2.3.340 update. All good. You're fine. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply and the link to the update.

Probably gonna Get flamed for this but i think I saw somewhere that the upcoming versions of Rubix will only be based off the leak. Just wondering if its true cause I don't want to sbf to the leak if I don't have to

The future versions are going to be based on the OTA, which is very closely related to the leak. The leak is now "live."

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

just to clarify, do you mean to say that going forward after 1.9.0, there will NOT be an option for non-leak folks? and the only way to remain on rubix will be to take the OTA updates or install the leaks?

I'm wondering because I am still on the 2.1 sbf and I am obviously hoping I don't have to mess with the updates that seem so troublesome to everyone, regardless of their android experience level...

I would be interested in hearing from drod just to confirm this and eliminate any baseless speculation that is simply rumor floating around. please?

Drod has said that future versions will be based on 2.3.3xx....
But I've typed this all up before.. so in the name of all things lazy, here's a link.. instead of retyping the whole thing. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...sed-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a-5.html#post1073776

:)

Edit: BTW, I hear you on having to update. I was on the 2.1 version as well.. and just updated this weekend to 2.3.340. It's not so bad, so long as you have the 2.3.15 update.zip... the 2.3.340 update can be done OTA. Just have z4root available to re-root, and you're all set. :)

HTH!

Last edited:
I will never understand the people that linger on old versions. I know all the reasons people say as to why they do but imo its strange. Things update for a reason and not always better but for a reason non the less. My confusion is you buy the newest phone out there at the time then keep older software. Are you still on windows 98? Does your model t get good gas mileage? Just poking fun and don't want anyone getting mad, just think its funny.

I will never understand the people that linger on old versions. I know all the reasons people say as to why they do but imo its strange. Things update for a reason and not always better but for a reason non the less. My confusion is you buy the newest phone out there at the time then keep older software. Are you still on windows 98? Does your model t get good gas mileage? Just poking fun and don't want anyone getting mad, just think its funny.

Up till this weekend, there was a VERY good reason to not update... no safety net.
Before this weekend if you updated to 2.3.3xx... you couldn't get to the OTA, even with the 2.3.320 .sbf, you would still be on the 2.3.320 kernel, NOT the OTA kernel... So there wasn't a way to restore to the latest 2.3.340 version in an "oh $#!+" moment...

With the 2.3.320 .sbf, and the newly released patches to upgrade baseband/kernel/etc. to 2.3.340:
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

It's now possible.

I waited. I wasn't willing to risk being stuck on 2.3.320, no matter how many used car salesman like pitches I heard of "Have faith", "trust us", "we promise", and "We assure you...". Now that it's out and available... I took the plunge.
So far, my experiences: ... pretty much exactly like it was before. :S

I also waited to update, literally just updated everything and installed the rubiX for leak and Tron theme like an hour ago.

I almost updated to the leak to try one particular rom. I decided to wait for the OTA which I ended up installing. I went and did try this particular rom and almost had a heart attack. Needless to say, I am back on rubix and will be staying here. No leaks for me.

Drod does some outstanding work which I trust 100%.

As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App powered by rubix Focused 1.90

I almost updated to the leak to try one particular rom. I decided to wait for the OTA which I ended up installing. I went and did try this particular rom and almost had a heart attack. Needless to say, I am back on rubix and will be staying here. No leaks for me.

Drod does some outstanding work which I trust 100%.

As the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App powered by rubix Focused 1.90

mmmmm Focused Pudding!

Did anyone get the new market to work on this rom. I tried using an apk and it just tells me application not installed. I have two different market .zips( both are 2.2.6 one of them with signed test keys) not sure which one to use or if anyone who's had success with this maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks

Quick question for you guys. I had the leak, flashed back to the official because I could not stream any audio/video even with stagefright set correctly on the leak. Now with the official release I would need to re-download and install the second .zip in the OP, and then the patches listed in this thread below for the kernel, bootloader, system .340, and baseband (which I am already on the correct one), then finally the update to make the new market work. Is this correct, or am I making this more difficult than necessary?

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

To leak or not to leak ...I just hope when they release the source code(for gingerbread) the devs in here ,in there infinate wisdom, knowlege, foresight, will put a rom together that will take those that chose the road less traveled ( non-leaked version ) to the gingy goodness. Because it seems as though all the newer themes/roms are based on the leaked/ patched versions. To the powers that be ......as one of the noobs left behind please think about us nonleakers and arrange an update to convert 1.9.0(non leaked) to be as compatable with your future roms and themes. I have faith you will:hail:

To leak or not to leak ...I just hope when they release the source code(for gingerbread) the devs in here ,in there infinate wisdom, knowlege, foresight, will put a rom together that will take those that chose the road less traveled ( non-leaked version ) to the gingy goodness. Because it seems as though all the newer themes/roms are based on the leaked/ patched versions. To the powers that be ......as one of the noobs left behind please think about us nonleakers and arrange an update to convert 1.9.0(non leaked) to be as compatable with your future roms and themes. I have faith you will:hail:

As I said before regarding people that don't want to update...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...sed-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a-5.html#post1073776

Totally confused on versions. comments in red in your quoted post...
Quick question for you guys. I had the leak, (Which leak? 2.3.15? 2.3.320?)
flashed back to the official (What official? 2.3.15? 2.3.340?)
because I could not stream any audio/video even with stagefright set correctly on the leak.
OR, are you talking about Focused. Focused does NOT put the leak on your system.. Focused has 2 versions, non-leak, for those who's bootloader/baseband/kernel are of the 2.3.15 version, and a leak version, for those that have applied 2.3.320, or 2.3.340.
Also, the issues you had (audio/video problems, etc.) are almost always the fault of loading the wrong version of Focused...

So.. IF your bootloader/kernel/etc. is on 2.3.15 still, then the easy answer, is just to run the NON-LEAK version of Focused.
If you want to update to the OTA (2.3.340), then I would .sbf back to 2.3.15, and then do the OTA via:
Menu> Settings> About phone> System updates.

IF you've already updated using the TBH Leak to 2.3.320, OR have taken the OTA to 2.3.340... then no need to .sbf.

If you have the 2.3.320 (LEAK), then you can use the patches you mention to get to 2.3.340.
If you took the OTA to 2.3.340, then no need to use those patches...

Sorry for the confusion.. does that kinda make sense? Sorry for the confusing answer... really need more information to give you a simple answer to the question. :(

So.. IF your bootloader/kernel/etc. is on 2.3.15 still, then the easy answer, is just to run the NON-LEAK version of Focused.
If you want to update to the OTA (2.3.340), then I would .sbf back to 2.3.15, and then do the OTA via:

IF you've already updated using the TBH Leak to 2.3.320, OR have taken the OTA to 2.3.340... then no need to .sbf.

If you have the 2.3.320 (LEAK), then you can use the patches you mention to get to 2.3.340.

Sorry for the confusion.. does that kinda make sense? Sorry for the confusing answer... really need more information to give you a simple answer to the question. :(

It does make more sense. I would like to find out if folks are considered on leak versions anymore once they update bl (30.04), kernel (2.6.32.9-g55626e1), and baseband (BP_C_1.09.07P)from TBH patches posted on mdw. I would imagine once these are updated, you can be officially called non-leaked OTA 2.3.340?

If so, would it be safe to say that from a rooted 2.3.340 stock rom, folks should install leaked (basically 2.3.320 or 2.3.340?) Focus 1.9.0 and apply patch as well to keep 2.3.340 versions matched?
Thanks!

Last edited:

It does make more sense. I would like to find out if folks are considered on leak versions anymore once they update bl (30.04), kernel (2.6.32.9-g55626e1), and baseband (BP_C_1.09.07P)from TBH patches posted on mdw. I would imagine once these are updated, you can be officially called non-leaked OTA 2.3.340?

If so, would it be safe to say that from a rooted 2.3.340 stock rom, folks should install leaked (basically 2.3.320 or 2.3.340?) Focus 1.9.0 and apply patch as well to keep 2.3.340 versions matched?
Thanks!

If people are considered being on leak versions...:
Depends on the context. ;) If you were on 2.3.320, and installed the patches from TBH to update kernel/baseband/etc., then for all intensive purposes, you are on 2.3.340...
BUT, for the purpose of some things, like which version of Focused 1.9.0, .. the """leak""" version of Focused1.9.0, really means 2.3.3xx... if that makes sense...

So from stock 2.3.340 MotoBlur (just as with 2.3.320 leak)... the version of Focused you want is the 1.9.0LEAK version.. correct, and then apply the patch to update Focused for 2.3.340 to match up with the 2.3.340 kernel (etc.).

That's absolutely correct. :)

Did anyone get the new market to work on this rom. I tried using an apk and it just tells me application not installed. I have two different market .zips( both are 2.2.6 one of them with signed test keys) not sure which one to use or if anyone who's had success with this maybe point me in the right direction. Thanks

I tried for hours...no luck...

ended up just re-installing rubiX

you can get it to install using the .zip method on XDA. That was nice cuz I could see it but the second I installed an app i started getting the force close issues.

I'm gonna sit tight and wait for the update...

Back