rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

I can't wait until we are back on one version for focused. I get it but it's confusing as hell for some.

That being said, if there is a leak out there in the future i'll be whining the drod isn't putting out a version of rubiX for it :D

There's no pleasing me.

To leak or not to leak ...I just hope when they release the source code(for gingerbread) the devs in here ,in there infinate wisdom, knowlege, foresight, will put a rom together that will take those that chose the road less traveled ( non-leaked version ) to the gingy goodness. Because it seems as though all the newer themes/roms are based on the leaked/ patched versions. To the powers that be ......as one of the noobs left behind please think about us nonleakers and arrange an update to convert 1.9.0(non leaked) to be as compatable with your future roms and themes. I have faith you will:hail:

As I said before regarding people that don't want to update...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...sed-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a-5.html#post1073776

Wow..I Reeeeally must have been confused......so your patch is for people who installed the "non leaked "version of rubix 1.9.0?

So forget rubiX, just for a minute.

A few weeks ago there was a leaked version of out Froyo for the Droid X called .320.

Drod made a version of rubiX that worked with that leak (.320) for those of us that wanted the leak (.320) but didn't wan to give up rubiX

Last week the official Froyo update came out which is .340.

so the rubix Patch, gets you from the version of rubiX designed for the leak (.320) to a version of rubiX that will work with the official build (.340). basically it just updates the /system folder and changes your build number, i think. maybe more to it though.

Technically if you were on the leak (.320) then there is more you need to do to your bootloader and your kernal....to be 100% stock

Now, if you were on the offical OTA (.15) of froyo and never installed the leak (.320) then all you need to do is update using OTA or the update.zip that's floating around to get offical (.340). Then you install the version of rubiX that is for the leak (.320), then you install the patch...which gets you to a version of rubix that will work on the official (.340)

does that help?

Last edited:
To leak or not to leak ...I just hope when they release the source code(for gingerbread) the devs in here ,in there infinate wisdom, knowlege, foresight, will put a rom together that will take those that chose the road less traveled ( non-leaked version ) to the gingy goodness. Because it seems as though all the newer themes/roms are based on the leaked/ patched versions. To the powers that be ......as one of the noobs left behind please think about us nonleakers and arrange an update to convert 1.9.0(non leaked) to be as compatable with your future roms and themes. I have faith you will:hail:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...sed-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a-5.html#post1073776

Wow..I Reeeeally must have been confused......so your patch is for people who installed the "non leaked "version of rubix 1.9.0?
The patch is for people who installed the OTA .340 and need to get rubix 1.9.0 .320 to .340.

Yeah .....that and re-reading the link that was linked to my previous comment.....lol its just unfortunate that the newest themes are held hostage that one build. I guess I'll be waiting another rom that will bring me there, instead of pulling, Zipping, patching, and or reflashing. Because if im getting this right all this intermediate, horse play will be null and void when they develope a rom based on ginger bread. So I guess what I learned is I just have to wait?

The patch is for people who installed the OTA .340 and need to get rubix 1.9.0 .320 to .340.

As Mustang02 said.. the patch is for those who installed 2.3.340, and the LEAK version of Focused1.9.0. But ALSO, for those who installed the LEAK 2.3.320, AND the patches from TBH that update the kernel/bootloader/baseband/etc. (essentially they are on the OTA 2.3.340)...

The patch will work with the 2.3.320 kernel as well, but contains kernel modules (etc.) that were compiled along with 2.3.340.. so is designed specifically for the 2.3.340 update.

SO MUCH CONFUSION over the 2.3.320 and 2.3.340 updates. And yea, next version will be much more simple, for 2.3.3xx only.

Of course, there will probably be a legacy version (or something) for those 2.3.15 who haven't updated at all (equiv to the non-leak now).. just to make it interesting! ;)

I really wish people would just learn to read. This is getting stupid now. There are like a 1000 posts all over this forum about this, and probably a 100 posts just in this thread alone. For gods sake people READ!!!!

Yeah .....that and re-reading the link that was linked to my previous comment.....lol its just unfortunate that the newest themes are held hostage that one build. I guess I'll be waiting another rom that will bring me there, instead of pulling, Zipping, patching, and or reflashing. Because if im getting this right all this intermediate, horse play will be null and void when they develope a rom based on ginger bread. So I guess what I learned is I just have to wait?

Well, that depends on what you mean by "based on gingerbread".
No ROM for the DroidX will TRUELY be "based on gingerbread".. just like no ROM is currently TRUELY based on AOSP... because they both require a kernel, which requires either ANOTHER update from Moto, or an unlocked bootloader.

Just a personal guess.. but I don't see Motorola giving us a gingerbread update for the DroidX for another 4-6 MONTHS... IF EVER...
You're welcome to wait if you like...

In the mean time, there are already lots of ROMs that are starting to include components from gingerbread... *cough* Focused *cough* included.

There will always be options! That's the best part about Android!

I really wish people would just learn to read. This is getting stupid now. There are like a 1000 posts all over this forum about this, and probably a 100 posts just in this thread alone. For gods sake people READ!!!!

hehe.. You need to talk to Inkarnit... You can enforce reading about patch versions.. and I'll try to talk Drod2169 into putting incorrect version info into the next build.prop, so inkarnit can enforce reading about Focused versions!

Good times!

"After I loaded 1.8.9, my version info says 1.8.6! WTF" <3

"STUPID IZ AS STUPID DOEZ" Sorry some of us are not as perfect as others.

Has nothing to do with being perfect but taking the time to read and not asking the same question over and over and over again.

hehe.. You need to talk to Inkarnit... You can enforce reading about patch versions.. and I'll try to talk Drod2169 into putting incorrect version info into the next build.prop, so inkarnit can enforce reading about Focused versions!

Good times!

"After I loaded 1.8.9, my version info says 1.8.6! WTF" <3

LOL no kidding. I think he is going to have a stroke over it.

Stop arguing in the thread, it is annoying when I get updates in my email and only mindless bickering between two people.

Honestly... I hardly expect everyone to read all of drod's 100+ page threads, to understand every little thing about the ROM... I know he wasn't picking on you specifically... Besides, I'd MUCH rather someone ask a question that's been asked before and get an answer.. than get frustrated about it and give up!

Don't sweat it.. just keep asking if you have questions! :)

Honestly... I hardly expect everyone to read all of drod's 100+ page threads, to understand every little thing about the ROM... I know he wasn't picking on you specifically... Besides, I'd MUCH rather someone ask a question that's been asked before and get an answer.. than get frustrated about it and give up!

Don't sweat it.. just keep asking if you have questions! :)[/QUOTE

Thanks your a realm pro...I'll continue to work on updating my phone:)

Back