Home++ Beta

A quick question: I got used to hitting the Home button on my Droid and taking me to the home page. Home++ does not. Is there a preference (I cannot find one) that I can set that will take me to my default home screen (I have it set as screen 2)?

fabric8r... go to "pref > screen pref > default screen"

make sure this is set to the screen you want to be your default (with two screens, "1" is your left screen, "2" is your right screen). let me know if this helps

Hello Rod. Congrats on your Saints winning again!

I tried as you suggested. Didn't work. I scroll to screen 4 for instance, touch the home button on Droid, the window pops up "complete action using - Home++ - which I touch, and it takes me right back to screen 4. (even though my default screen is set to 2)

I tried as you suggested. Didn't work. I scroll to screen 4 for instance, touch the home button on Droid, the window pops up "complete action using - Home++ - which I touch, and it takes me right back to screen 4. (even though my default screen is set to 2)
Hmmm. Works perfectly on my device. ???

thanks! i thought for sure this one would be a blowout :icon_eek: . thankfully, i never bet on the saints. (cant wait till saturday night in the dome)

on to your problem. hmm... i dont get the "complete action..." popup. the first time i got that pop-up, i checked the "make this action default" (the wording isnt right, something along those lines), so where the pop up wouldnt keep popping up. maybe thats why youre getting a different outcome, i dunno.

thanks! i thought for sure this one would be a blowout :icon_eek: . thankfully, i never bet on the saints. (cant wait till saturday night in the dome)

on to your problem. hmm... i dont get the "complete action..." popup. the first time i got that pop-up, i checked the "make this action default" (the wording isnt right, something along those lines), so where the pop up wouldnt keep popping up. maybe thats why youre getting a different outcome, i dunno.

Rod is right. Before selecting Home++ from that popup, check the box to make it the default action. Thereafter, pressing the home button will take you to your home screen.

Thanks everyone. that worked! I was not sure if I was ready to make that pop up go away and lock myself to using Home++. I am now. Which of course, brings up the next question: How do I get back to the original screen settings, if I don't want to use Home++? Don't know why, Home++ seems to be what I will use, but you never know...

Thanks everyone. that worked! I was not sure if I was ready to make that pop up go away and lock myself to using Home++. I am now. Which of course, brings up the next question: How do I get back to the original screen settings, if I don't want to use Home++? Don't know why, Home++ seems to be what I will use, but you never know...

great! glad i could help. to get back to that menu, open up the app tray and go to "home++ menu". from there youll get a similar pop-up to what we were talking about earlier. just hit "home" and you should be back home...

Home++ comes with an application called Home++ Menu, which allows you to set which home app you want to use as the default. That's probably the easiest way. :)

That's exactly what I was going to say - just use Home++ as the default. I have personally never had a problem with Home++ not going to the default (screen 2) at all and never read of anyone else having that problem. And, if you're concerned you will be stuck with Home++ then just remember to go into your Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Home++/Clear defaults and you'll be able to go back to your original stock Home screen program.

EDIT: Nevermind--I see your issue was resolved, and yes, I should have told you to use the widget that you can toggle back and forth from Home++ and the default Home. I wonder why Panda and GDE didn't have that widget?

When I hit the Applications button in the bottom bar, I'm only showing 3 apps. I can't find a way to get to my other apps, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

When I hit the Applications button in the bottom bar, I'm only showing 3 apps. I can't find a way to get to my other apps, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Have you tried a reboot? That has fixed this issue for others.

zAEx.u.cs.png

Anyone know how to get the network signal to show up like this? I can only get it to show the battery and sound thing. TIA.

Also does anyone know if Home++ uses a lot of battery? I used to use PandaHome and I think it did.

Back