Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

I am getting weird things with my e-mail this morning... just got three e-mails.

One looks normal and two have a date of 12/31/1969???
The internet and programming languages use unix time, which is just a number that is simply the number of seconds that has elapsed since 12/31/1969 at midnight (or 1/1/1970 at 0:00am, which is the same thing). So a date of 0 is usually interpretted as 12/31/1969.
... not that this explains anything, I'm just posting in case you didn't know that little tidbit. ;)

I'm going to a VZW store today to get a droid and I'm going to try to bribe the agent into putting the 2.1 data on it. I hope it works.

I'm going to a VZW store today to get a droid and I'm going to try to bribe the agent into putting the 2.1 data on it. I hope it works.
lol ... they won't even know what a 2.1 is. :D

Consider yourself lucky if you don't walk out of there with an Eris.

As far as I know, I have not gotten this update.
Would my phone have updated automatically without notifying me?

I came on here because I noticed, in the last 2 or 3 days, my phone has gotten really slow, internet apps have become unresponsive (no longer update half the time), the screen has spazed out numerous times (turning off and on repeatedly, 10+ times in a row), while typing in text boxes with the on-screen keyboard I'll type 1 letter/number and the keyboard will disappear without putting anything in the text box.

What's going on?

Sorry for the double post, can't find an edit button.

I should probably mention, for my previous post: Motorola Droid, 2.0.1 ESD56 is what my settings say right now.

what's going on. There is no update. Vzw and Motorola have stated there has been NO update. The last release was in dec.

what's going on. There is no update. Vzw and Motorola have stated there has been NO update. The last release was in dec.

True, the whole thing turned out to be a hoax.

DemonI81 when is the last time you just did a reset on your Droid. I would start with that, if that doesn't help then you may have an app that's not playing nice with your Droid. If that's the case you may have to do a reset to factory settings and add your apps back on.

By any chance are you running Advance Task Killer? If you are try deleting that.

And if there was a small update you b on differnt revision number. Its like this with any software update. So if version numbers are the same as it was before then No update. Those are the Facts.

They said that the update will be out on all droids by the end of febuary

Who said that? I don't recall reading that in the report I read. I read there were no dates that could be confirmed for when 2.1 would be released.

DemonI81 when is the last time you just did a reset on your Droid. I would start with that, if that doesn't help then you may have an app that's not playing nice with your Droid. If that's the case you may have to do a reset to factory settings and add your apps back on.

By any chance are you running Advance Task Killer? If you are try deleting that.
Wow, even the admins got punked?

I reset (power cycle) the phone daily. I usually do so after installing/uninstalling an app (I know I shouldn't need to, it's the old Windows user in me).

I am running Advance Task Killer, and Automatic Task Killer (I find the Auto one doesn't see all the apps). I've been running both for weeks with no problems at all. I haven't installed anything new since these problems began.
The screen spazzing and the text box with on-screen keyboard problems both began today, the online apps not updating began yesterday, the slowness of the phone in general began a few days ago.

Actually, while I'm typing I'm thinking about this... I bought the Dolphin Browser Plus the other night, before all this started happening. I'm extremely unhappy I paid for something (because I like the app and thought the devs deserved a few bucks) and lost the only feature I really cared about (downloading YouTube videos).
Do you think it could be this app causing the problems?
Since I've already paid for it, I can uninstall it and get it again without paying if it turns out not to be the app right?

Wow, even the admins got punked?

I reset (power cycle) the phone daily. I usually do so after installing/uninstalling an app (I know I shouldn't need to, it's the old Windows user in me).

I am running Advance Task Killer, and Automatic Task Killer (I find the Auto one doesn't see all the apps). I've been running both for weeks with no problems at all. I haven't installed anything new since these problems began.
The screen spazzing and the text box with on-screen keyboard problems both began today, the online apps not updating began yesterday, the slowness of the phone in general began a few days ago.

Actually, while I'm typing I'm thinking about this... I bought the Dolphin Browser Plus the other night, before all this started happening. I'm extremely unhappy I paid for something (because I like the app and thought the devs deserved a few bucks) and lost the only feature I really cared about (downloading YouTube videos).
Do you think it could be this app causing the problems?
Since I've already paid for it, I can uninstall it and get it again without paying if it turns out not to be the app right?

If you uninstall before a 24 hour period, it will refund your purchase. If you uninstall after 24 hours, it sits in our downloaded APPS showing as "PURCHASED", and you should be able to get that APP again at no cost.

Back