Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

If you uninstall before a 24 hour period, it will refund your purchase. If you uninstall after 24 hours, it sits in our downloaded APPS showing as "PURCHASED", and you should be able to get that APP again at no cost.
Ok, now the other question, it's been more than 24 hours. This app is now falsely advertising what it does (says it downloads YouTube videos but does not) and may be causing more problems. How do I go about getting refunded?

We need an EDIT button!

Again, sorry for the double post. I have uninstalled both task killing programs, the phone is now responding faster and I was just given the option to download a YouTube video with it.
It seems the task killers were killing much more than I bargained for.

On another note: I just spoke to my brother, who picked up a DROID two weeks ago. He DID get an update a few days ago. All of his firmware and revision numbers are the same as mine right now. He did not pay attention to the size of the update.
He is now having problems with YouTube in general. He can not watch any YouTube videos with the app or browser.
Also, his email notifications have stopped coming. When he deletes or reads an email message with his phone, it does not stay deleted or read.

So what update did he get? It seems some users did get an update. Maybe this update wasn't bunk, maybe it actually did come out but caused problems so it was pulled before everyone got it?

Solution seems simple enough

Moto and verizon have said no update went out,but we have folks who said they did get an OTA that while appearing to not do anything yet has changed their ESD from 56 to 59.
I simply choose to believe our folks are telling us true,but for the naysayers can anyone with the new ESD59 just post a picture of their updated screen.Seems like a simple solution and would show that moto and verizon are not being quite honest with us for whatever reason(maybe a late found serious bug?)
OK just my .02 :)

Moto and verizon have said no update went out,but we have folks who said they did get an OTA that while appearing to not do anything yet has changed their ESD from 56 to 59.
I simply choose to believe our folks are telling us true,but for the naysayers can anyone with the new ESD59 just post a picture of their updated screen.Seems like a simple solution and would show that moto and verizon are not being quite honest with us for whatever reason(maybe a late found serious bug?)
OK just my .02 :)
I know my brother isn't BSing me about getting an OTA update, but as I said, his ESD is still 56. His phone came with 2.01 on it, so it couldn't have been that update.
Whatever he did get seems to have totally broken his YouTube app and any viewing of YouTube all-together.
It'd be nice to know what exactly he got. I'm sure someone isn't being completely truthful here (not meaning on these forums, but meaning what you were saying, Verizon or Moto).

Sorry if I wasnt clear D I was speaking concerning everyones post's not just yours.Hmmm as to your brothers try the simplest approach first and have him do a battery pull.If that doesnt cure it search the forums and do a factory reset,he will have to reinstall any free apps.but his paid apps will reinstall with his other info.If after all this and it still isnt working properly go to verizon and have them swap a new phone if they dont have a definitive solution.

Also I reboot after any install I do just like on my pc(these phones are really ony tiny pc's anyway)

Sorry if I wasnt clear D I was speaking concerning everyones post's not just yours.Hmmm as to your brothers try the simplest approach first and have him do a battery pull.If that doesnt cure it search the forums and do a factory reset,he will have to reinstall any free apps.but his paid apps will reinstall with his other info.If after all this and it still isnt working properly go to verizon and have them swap a new phone if they dont have a definitive solution.

Also I reboot after any install I do just like on my pc(these phones are really ony tiny pc's anyway)
No, I knew what you meant, I was adding my 2 cents, I was the one that wasn't really clear.
He's done the battery pull, he's resisting the factory reset though, he doesn't want to have to re-configure everything, but I did tell him it's something he needs to try.
This is his 2nd DROID. His first one he had to return the day after getting it. It went into a endless reboot cycle, even after pulling the battery and putting it back in, it continued.

The only problem I've had with mine I listed earlier. All seem to have been solved by removing the task killing apps. I'm waiting to hear back from him if removing these apps helps him or not.

I brought up the sluggish Droid problem last night and then I started thinking about it. As far as my problem I figured out that it was some apps that wasn't playing nice. It wasn't an update like I had hoped.
After rebooting I cleaned some of my memory (specifically my cache memory) and my phone is back to normal. I got 120mb of memory back on my phone too!!

I brought up the sluggish Droid problem last night and then I started thinking about it. As far as my problem I figured out that it was some apps that wasn't playing nice. It wasn't an update like I had hoped.
After rebooting I cleaned some of my memory (specifically my cache memory) and my phone is back to normal. I got 120mb of memory back on my phone too!!

Which apps were those?
What's the best way to clear the cache?

when the new 2.1 comes out. for the people that went ahead and didnt want to wait so we downloaded it from the forum. are we going to be able to use the ota instead of the one that we already have because mine is sooo slow and fc all the times im getting so mad with it.

The apparently where The Wheather Bug
Issuu Mobile Magazine
And I get problems from 91Pandahome but who doesn't
As far as clearing/cleaning caches:
First go to settings>SD card and phone storage
Check your available internal phone memory.
You should have (guestimation) between 25mb and 256mb of ipm.
Then go to: settings >applications>manage apps
Click on each app
From there you will see if any of your apps are using cache memory
If they use any cache memory then clear the cache
Do it for all of them except themes. Themes don't seem to use cache men
When you are done go back to your phone memory and check how much
more memory you got.
You could get between only 1mb to over 100mb back
I got 110mb back because one app was using 84mb
of cache memory. That was the Issuu Mobile Magazine apparently

I hope that it helps and makes since

The apps where The Wheather Bug
Issuu Mobile Magazine
And I get problems from 91Pandahome but who doesn't
As far as clearing/cleaning caches:
First go to settings>SD card and phone storage
Check your available internal phone memory.
You should have (guestimation) between 25mb and 256mb of ipm.
Then go to: settings >applications>manage apps
Click on each app
From there you will see if any of your apps are using cache memory
If they use any cache memory then clear the cache
Do it for all of them except themes. Themes don't seem to use cache men
When you are done go back to your phone memory and check how much
more memory you got.
You could get between only 1mb to over 100mb back
I got 110mb back because one app was using 84mb
of cache memory. That was the Issuu Mobile Magazine apparently

I hope that it helps and makes since

im at 219 now. only shosaavy using 184kb

also that menu shows internal phone storage, not memory.

Back