rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

I would suggest updating to the new 2.3.340 ota update simply because developers are going to base their new roms on this. Drod stated that his next release is going to be "epic" and you might not want to miss out on that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

he's been making references to "rubixbread" so maybe we're getting a gingerbread port?
or he's been hitting the egg nog, i'm cool with either.

I see fab has a gingerbread port but I can pull away from the sweetness of rubiX. Can't wait for the next release!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

yeah I agree...

and @bgill55 just referenced a rubiX alpha drod sent him on twitter....

+1 for the rumor mill

and @bgill55 just referenced a rubiX alpha drod sent him on twitter....

+1 for the rumor mill

It's just a rumor... heh
drod said that it would likely be after xmas before its' release ready...

(It's VERY alpha at this point, btw... ;)

Totally confused on versions. comments in red in your quoted post...
Quick question for you guys. I had the leak, Focused 2.3.320
flashed back to the official Focused 2.3.15
because I could not stream any audio/video even with stagefright set correctly on the leak.
this

So.. IF your bootloader/kernel/etc. is on 2.3.15 still, then the easy answer, is just to run the NON-LEAK version of Focused.
If you want to update to the OTA (2.3.340), then I would .sbf back to 2.3.15, and then do the OTA via:
Menu> Settings> About phone> System updates.

IF you've already updated using the TBH Leak to 2.3.320, OR have taken the OTA to 2.3.340... then no need to .sbf.

If you have the 2.3.320 (LEAK), then you can use the patches you mention to get to 2.3.340.
If you took the OTA to 2.3.340, then no need to use those patches...

Sorry for the confusion.. does that kinda make sense? Sorry for the confusing answer... really need more information to give you a simple answer to the question. :(

Yes, it makes sense now, thank you. I edited some things above for the answer. I really did not want to SBF back for the sake of time, but if everything is going to be based on .340 going forward, I guess I have no choice.

Is the OTA going to take superuser access again?

Quick question for you guys. I had the leak, Focused 2.3.320
flashed back to the official Focused 2.3.15
because I could not stream any audio/video even with stagefright set correctly on the leak.
this

So.. IF your bootloader/kernel/etc. is on 2.3.15 still, then the easy answer, is just to run the NON-LEAK version of Focused.
If you want to update to the OTA (2.3.340), then I would .sbf back to 2.3.15, and then do the OTA via:

IF you've already updated using the TBH Leak to 2.3.320, OR have taken the OTA to 2.3.340... then no need to .sbf.

If you have the 2.3.320 (LEAK), then you can use the patches you mention to get to 2.3.340.

Sorry for the confusion.. does that kinda make sense? Sorry for the confusing answer... really need more information to give you a simple answer to the question. :(

Yes, it makes sense now, thank you. I edited some things above for the answer. I really did not want to SBF back for the sake of time, but if everything is going to be based on .340 going forward, I guess I have no choice.

Saw your edits.. and.. if 2.3.320 is applied correctly, then you shouldn't be able to go back to 2.3.15... it would normally brick you. (??). So, sounds like it was never really applied.
That considered, the best option would be to .sbf to 2.3.15 and then take the OTA to 2.3.340.

If you get bootloader errors when .sbf'ing to 2.3.15.. then the 2.3.320 .sbf should work, then just apply the patches.

And yes, the .sbf will wipe root. the z4root application seems to be the new easy way to get root back. Since it was pulled from the market, I think the best way to get it, is to just search xda-developers.com forums for the thread on it.. you'll find it. Just toss it to your SDCard, and install it after the .sbf.

GL!

Saw your edits.. and.. if 2.3.320 is applied correctly, then you shouldn't be able to go back to 2.3.15... it would normally brick you. (??). So, sounds like it was never really applied.
That considered, the best option would be to .sbf to 2.3.15 and then take the OTA to 2.3.340.

If you get bootloader errors when .sbf'ing to 2.3.15.. then the 2.3.320 .sbf should work, then just apply the patches.

And yes, the .sbf will wipe root. the z4root application seems to be the new easy way to get root back. Since it was pulled from the market, I think the best way to get it, is to just search xda-developers.com forums for the thread on it.. you'll find it. Just toss it to your SDCard, and install it after the .sbf.

GL!

Ya, it was only flashed with the ROM, not actual 2.3.320 so that is why it didnt brick. I downloaded the .sbf and am looking for z4root now. I hate full wipes because I do things the hard way. Since I have never tried I want to be sure. With the nandroid backup with bootstrapper, if I do a full restore after I do the OTA and put Rubix back on, will everything be back as it was as far as applications, etc? I used to do full backups with titanium backup but they always caused sync issues afterwards so I am not much for doing them.

Thanks for your help!

GL!

Ya, it was only flashed with the ROM, not actual 2.3.320 so that is why it didnt brick. I downloaded the .sbf and am looking for z4root now. I hate full wipes because I do things the hard way. Since I have never tried I want to be sure. With the nandroid backup with bootstrapper, if I do a full restore after I do the OTA and put Rubix back on, will everything be back as it was as far as applications, etc? I used to do full backups with titanium backup but they always caused sync issues afterwards so I am not much for doing them.

Thanks for your help!

And no, Nandroid restore won't work. 2.3.15 is NOT compatible with 2.3.340. That's why there are 2 versions of Focused (Leak and non-leak).
In fact.. when you update, it is advised to delete all of your old nandroid backups... they can actually soft-brick you (cause you to have to .sbf again).

The old versions, stock 2.1 (don't know system version), 2.3.9, 2.3.13, 2.3.15, they were all compaible... so you could be on 2.1, and use ROMs, etc. for 2.3.15. But nothing from before 2.3.320 works reliably on 2.3.340.

Okay cool. I will delete them as soon as the access is back.

I am only finding the .sbf with this in the notes "First note: If you are running stock non-rooted or rooted system build 2.3.15, then you can apply this update no problem. You will lose root access, but you can get that back with z4root. To find out which system build, go to Settings>About Phone. If you have modified any of the bloatware files though, you will be out of luck. You need to have a clean system file."

This makes me think that I shouldn't be using this particular one, correct? I have the direct link, but I know that droidforums do not want links to .sbf files posted up...

I am only finding the .sbf with this in the notes "First note: If you are running stock non-rooted or rooted system build 2.3.15, then you can apply this update no problem. You will lose root access, but you can get that back with z4root. To find out which system build, go to Settings>About Phone. If you have modified any of the bloatware files though, you will be out of luck. You need to have a clean system file."

This makes me think that I shouldn't be using this particular one, correct? I have the direct link, but I know that droidforums do not want links to .sbf files posted up...

If you go to Rootzwiki.com.
On the MAIN PAGE, scroll down to "Droid X 2.2 FULL SBF".
That one.

I just want to say thanks for the awesome rom Drod :)

Also does anyone know if is posible to get speech-to-text working again ?
Because when I click the speech-to-text mic icon (on the keyboard) nothing happens.

Thanks

If you go to Rootzwiki.com.
On the MAIN PAGE, scroll down to "Droid X 2.2 FULL SBF".
That one.
Downloading now. Oh the joy LOL. I work at 7 am, so looks like I will be finishing this tomorrow :/ I am really happy with the 1.9.0 Rubix rom, I almost want to just leave it alone, but its either do it now or do it later I guess.

Thanks again!

I just want to say thanks for the awesome rom Drod :)

Also does anyone know if is posible to get speech-to-text working again ?
Because when I click the speech-to-text mic icon (on the keyboard) nothing happens.

Thanks

Make sure you have "Google Search" and "Voice Search" installed from the Market. Should work.

So, I just fixed some issues with my phone by installing the 2.3.15 only version of 1.9.0. Does that mean that I should use the new patch (it says its not for non-leak phones, and I'm fairly certain I'm not on a leaked version.) help? :D

So, I just fixed some issues with my phone by installing the 2.3.15 only version of 1.9.0. Does that mean that I should use the new patch (it says its not for non-leak phones, and I'm fairly certain I'm not on a leaked version.) help? :D

Only use the patch if you are on 2.3.320, or 2.3.340.

Back